Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

What about Bowen from Hull? He seemed to be mentioned a lot a few weeks back but that’s all gone quiet now. 

Been favourite to sign with Southampton for a few days

17 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

I honestly hold out hope that we can get Tuanzabe and Abraham back on loan. I don’t see an issue with the loans of those two players given we’ve already had them - they’re in positions we need and will give continuity from last season. We can’t buy in every position we need this year, it would be too expensive, this delays too important signings until next summer. 

GK - Butland (loan to buy) 

CB - Tuanzabe (loan) 

DM - Phillips (20m)

DM - Hayden (10m) 

RW - Benrahma (15m)

LW - Trézéguet (loan to buy) 

ST - Abraham (loan) 

I doubt we’ll get 7, but I honestly think that Green needs to be loaned, hence another winger needed and we need two DM’s as if say Phillips gets injured we can’t be playing Houihane or Lansbury in that position without being murdered! 

Maupay - buy

Lolley - buy

😉

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

What about Bowen from Hull? He seemed to be mentioned a lot a few weeks back but that’s all gone quiet now. 

Love to get Bowen. Hull interested in Keinan Davis. Possible swap +cash. 

I’m not a fan of the Heaton link. From what I’ve seen of him he’s better than Steer, but not £10 million better. If we’re going to be forking out a substantial amount of money on a keeper then I’d like it to be a sizeable upgrade. I’m not saying we should be signing the next Buffon, but £10 million (or thereabouts) for a 33 year old who I don’t see as being that much better than what we have doesn’t seem like a great deal. Although I must admit I haven’t seen him play much recently so perhaps he really is worth it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FrenchVillaLova said:

He signed for St Etienne last March so we can rule that one out.

6 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

@AvfcRigo82

Unfortunately (as I had a good feeling about him....based on nothing), Harold Moukoudi signed for Saint Etienne a couple of months ago. 

Thanks guys, That's a shame too. He might have been half decent for us.

Right, I'm going to ask a question that is going to be unpopular with a lot of people for sure but, I'm sure someone would have asked it at some point so here goes:

He's 29 and is a proven defensive midfielder who can pass a ball and chip in with a goal of two. He's in the last year of his contact so likely not to cost too much and he knows the club well. 

Would anyone take back the snake?

Edited by Villarocker
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Right, I'm going to ask a question that is going to be unpopular with a lot of people for sure but, I'm sure someone would have asked it at some point so here goes:

He's 29 and is a proven defensive midfielder who can pass a ball and chip in with a goal of two. He's in the last year of his contact so likely not to cost too much and he knows the club well. 

Yes 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He's been injured longer than he's been fit to play. 89 appearances all comps 57 league in 4 seasons. Honestly do you even follow him since he left as you would know that he's a permanent sick note

20 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I’m not a fan of the Heaton link. From what I’ve seen of him he’s better than Steer, but not £10 million better. If we’re going to be forking out a substantial amount of money on a keeper then I’d like it to be a sizeable upgrade. I’m not saying we should be signing the next Buffon, but £10 million (or thereabouts) for a 33 year old who I don’t see as being that much better than what we have doesn’t seem like a great deal. Although I must admit I haven’t seen him play much recently so perhaps he really is worth it.

Heaton is quality. Better than Butland IMO. Older of course but you'd get four solid years out of him and for me it would be £10m well spent - especially if it gives us more room to manoeuvre elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Heaton is quality. Better than Butland IMO. Older of course but you'd get four solid years out of him and for me it would be £10m well spent - especially if it gives us more room to manoeuvre elsewhere.

Disagree 1000%

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Massive feel good factor among the fans, clear strategy moving forwards, club and squad united, players being bought as round pegs for round holes...

Let's buy Delph.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Fair enough, like I say I haven’t seen that much of him recently. If he’s going to be a significant upgrade on Steer then I’m all for it.