Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

26 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Right, I'm going to ask a question that is going to be unpopular with a lot of people for sure but, I'm sure someone would have asked it at some point so here goes:

He's 29 and is a proven defensive midfielder who can pass a ball and chip in with a goal of two. He's in the last year of his contact so likely not to cost too much and he knows the club well. 

Would anyone take back the snake?

No, for one reason. It would divide the fans too much. Right now we’re all riding a fantastic wave of optimism, nobody has anything really negative to say about us right now. We’ve got a Villa fan at the helm, a villa fan and one of the hottest prospects in the league as captain and some exciting young players. It’s some of the best football we’ve played in years and we’re finally looking for the win from the first whistle no matter the opposition, rather than trying to defend all the time or see out a game. The animosity he would bring to us would always trump what he could deliver on the pitch. Some people will never see passed what he did, rightly or wrongly. Just look at the way so many wouldn’t take to McLeish, and all he did was manage our nearest rivals. We don’t need the negativity of the snake coming back.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Strap yourselves in boyo’s!

Delphinho, how would you feel about your namesake returning to us?

Personally, it's not for me as that shipped sailed and good riddance to him. 

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

It's also a Hell no from me. F*** him.

Let him go back to Leeds where we found him.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Not a chance. And that’s nothing to do with what he did to us, I just don’t think he’d get in our team (provided we sign K Phillips).

He’s a very West Ham type of signing. We have changed our approach completely now it would seem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Right, I'm going to ask a question that is going to be unpopular with a lot of people for sure but, I'm sure someone would have asked it at some point so here goes:

He's 29 and is a proven defensive midfielder who can pass a ball and chip in with a goal of two. He's in the last year of his contact so likely not to cost too much and he knows the club well. 

Would anyone take back the snake?

I'd say there is a better chance of villa signing me than delph. I'd say there is absolutely zero chance else would take him back after he turned his back on us.

The fans would never accept him. No point even discussing the 🐍

• Like 2

I think it's safe to say Kalinic will be off at some point this summer. Not sure who else, I suspect players like Bjarnason and Lansbury are going to be bench-warming for a long time until their contract ends.

Just now, Rodders said:

I think it's safe to say Kalinic will be off at some point this summer. Not sure who else, I suspect players like Bjarnason and Lansbury are going to be bench-warming for a long time until their contract ends.

I'd keep lansbury. Bjarnason if consider letting go. Same with bree and if a good offer comes in for Taylor id let go 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I'd keep lansbury. Bjarnason if consider letting go. Same with bree and if a good offer comes in for Taylor id let go 

Yes to all of that. I'd add that I reckon Kodjia will also go if we sign another striker. 

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

No, for one reason. It would divide the fans too much. Right now we’re all riding a fantastic wave of optimism, nobody has anything really negative to say about us right now. We’ve got a Villa fan at the helm, a villa fan and one of the hottest prospects in the league as captain and some exciting young players. It’s some of the best football we’ve played in years and we’re finally looking for the win from the first whistle no matter the opposition, rather than trying to defend all the time or see out a game. The animosity he would bring to us would always trump what he could deliver on the pitch. Some people will never see passed what he did, rightly or wrongly. Just look at the way so many wouldn’t take to McLeish, and all he did was manage our nearest rivals. We don’t need the negativity of the snake coming back.

I am firmly in the camp of "never go back". Doesn't really matter who they are. 

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Yes to all of that. I'd add that I reckon Kodjia will also go if we sign another striker. 

I think we'll try to keep him even if we (hopefully) sign another striker. He is quite versatile.

Fingers crossed we are looking to offload Hogan as part of a deal for Benrahma and Maupay. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't rate any of them. But letting Taylor go without getting in a backup would be insanity. We are extremely short on CBs so you can't rely on Hause at left back. 

Personally I'd bring in a new very solid CB, then a defensive utility player with a bit of experience, that can cover most positions. Then I'd consider letting Taylor go.