Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Butland, Mings, Webster, Philips and Benrahma to look forward to!

Seven British and four overseas players in our starting eleven.

Attitude, energy, aggression and plenty of flair, developed into a tight battle unit by Smith, Terry, O'Kelly and Cutler.

Exciting times!

• Like 1

On 24/06/2019 at 15:25, useless said:

I can't see any more signing until July now.

Not 'ITK', just my best expert guesswork, and we should be seeing a lot more signing this month as well.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Jonjo Shelvey is an absolutely brilliant footballer to be fair. He's just lazy, a bit thick and hasn't done himself justice.

He is a brilliant footballer though.

Brilliant, lazy, thick, brilliant?

What a description :)

As I see it, we now have 5 high prob starters in the squad 100% confirmed with Targett, ElGhazi, Jack, SJM and either Elmo or Guilbert at RB. Hopefully Wesley to confirm asap for a 6th, and it would not be a disaster if Jota, Steer and Hause started the first game. But that leaves 2 signings urgently required to have a solid pre-season prep wise. At least 1 CB and 1 CDM needed ASAP.  But a GK, CB and winger would be obviously good. Plans seem to be Butland, Mings,and Webster which I would be delighted with. Rumors around who the CDM and winger would be seem vague right now. But either way, the amount of work and ins needed makes me nervous. Mings is a must. We need as much consistency from last season as possible to avoid the pitfalls of other teams who went up and made too many changes too quickly. In the board and Smith I fully trust. The only real point I am making is how much is still to be done and we have already made 4 and a half (Wesley) signings plus Guilbert from Jan. 

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

His football brain is second to none but I have heard him in interviews many a time, he makes Gabby look like an intellect.

Part of being with excellent passing skills is to have a great understanding of the game wich comes with good football brain.

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jonjo Shelvey is an absolutely brilliant footballer to be fair. He's just lazy, a bit thick and hasn't done himself justice.

He is a brilliant footballer though.

Yep, another for the long list of jumped up little shits who, if it weren't for football would probably be in jail by now (or in and out of...), see Joey Barton, Ravel Morrison etc for comparisons.

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Because of hes attitude problems

But plenty of players with attitude problems get chances at bigger clubs. Balotelli, Memphis Depay, even Ravel Morrison got a chance at Lazio. But Shelvey has never kicked on and never got further than a mid-table Newcastle side.

Maybe he’s better than I’m giving him credit for, but to say that he’s ‘one of the best on his day’, has that huge caveat that ‘his day’ comes once in a blue moon.

2 minutes ago, jimcohen said:

As I see it, we now have 5 high prob starters in the squad 100% confirmed with Targett, ElGhazi, Jack, SJM and either Elmo or Guilbert at RB. Hopefully Wesley to confirm asap for a 6th, and it would not be a disaster if Jota, Steer and Hause started the first game. But that leaves 2 signings urgently required to have a solid pre-season prep wise. At least 1 CB and 1 CDM needed ASAP.  But a GK, CB and winger would be obviously good. Plans seem to be Butland, Mings,and Webster which I would be delighted with. Rumors around who the CDM and winger would be seem vague right now. But either way, the amount of work and ins needed makes me nervous. Mings is a must. We need as much consistency from last season as possible to avoid the pitfalls of other teams who went up and made too many changes too quickly. In the board and Smith I fully trust. The only real point I am making is how much is still to be done and we have already made 4 and a half (Wesley) signings plus Guilbert from Jan. 

As I understand it the window closes the day the season starts. so what we have v spurs will be what we go with until the Jan window

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

As I understand it the window closes the day the season starts. so what we have v spurs will be what we go with until the Jan window

Yup August 9 the window closes in the PL.

Might still be able to sign unattached players after that perhaps.

with the pre season camp in a weeks time, I would expect / this week to see a couple more signings at least. We won't get them all in before pre-season gets going obviously, but still need at least one of those defenders to come in

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

But plenty of players with attitude problems get chances at bigger clubs. Balotelli, Memphis Depay, even Ravel Morrison got a chance at Lazio. But Shelvey has never kicked on and never got further than a mid-table Newcastle side.

Maybe he’s better than I’m giving him credit for, but to say that he’s ‘one of the best on his day’, has that huge caveat that ‘his day’ comes once in a blue moon.

He played with Liverpool for 3 or 4 years and was starting a lot of games an played very well. But he had this attitude problems wich was not accepted by the club.

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

He played four games and is currently playing for Ostersund in Sweden! Via a year in Mexico. I'm not sure Lazio are what they once were. 

No point to this other than it seemed a funny example. 😄

32 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Every 29th of February. 

• Like 1

So we now have signed Wesley, Hause, El Ghazi, Jota, Targett.

46m ish spent already.

Who do we think will be next through the door??

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If let's say we go for Webster mings and Phillips. The total cost for those three will be close to 50m or maybe more.

The money has gone insane

Probably more tbh.....closer to 60 maybe?

Edited by MaVilla