Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He has indeed.. out of position and lone striker don't really suit him. He really had no choice to play second fiddle if say Chelsea had a clause in the loan dictating how much Tammy plays etc. So fair play to Kodja for keeping going and waiting. I think for his service to us so far he deserves a season in the Premiership with us at the very least.

So, it's still not enough evidence in your case for Austin.

Are there any other strikers you admire that are not crocked, aging, journey men looking for one last big pay day?

Calvert-Lewin at Everton, he’ll run through brick walls for them, that’s what I like to see from players. For one so young, he bullies opposition defenders, he has an awful lot of potential I think, he’s almost like an old fashioned centre forward

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve always admired him, he’s a dying breed, a natural goalscorer, I’d take him as back up to Wesley, why do you think Austin is done?

Sorry, but this is just clichés. Austin isn’t a natural goalscorer. Last season, he scored 2 goals at a rate of 1 goals every 5 and a half games. That’s terrible for a striker who should be in the absolute peak of his ability (he’s 29).

What makes you think he’s a natural goalscorer and a dying breed? What does he do better than literally any other striker in the Premier League?

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

I just hope as well as looking at the best Championship players and some from abroad, we are looking at players from lower leagues as under Bruce it felt like we missed out on a whole raft of players who are now going for stupid money that we could have signed for very little. We need to build for the future not just for now. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sorry, but this is just clichés. Austin isn’t a natural goalscorer. Last season, he scored 2 goals at a rate of 1 goals every 5 and a half games. That’s terrible for a striker who should be in the absolute peak of his ability (he’s 29).

What makes you think he’s a natural goalscorer and a dying breed? What does he do better than literally any other striker in the Premier League?

Gets injured.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The only reason you think this is because he’s coming from Bristol City. 

You make a valid point.

If we where stealing Leeds or Forest's best defender for £20m it might seem that bit more Glamourous I suppose.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

A wise, and wealthy, man once told me, the cheapest thing you’ll ever buy is good labour, the dearest is poor labour. Meaning the cost is, to a point, irrelevant, it’s the way that they perform that really matters. So Webster for £20m is a lot of money for a Championship player, if he continues to perform like a Championship player. If however he becomes a quality PL player then £20m will be a steal. If the scouts and coaches don’t think he can be a quality PL player, then we wouldn’t be having the conversation. Providing we’ve got the dosh, which we have, then the rest is all about getting the best deal on both sides. 

In a good deal, generally neither side is totally happy. One side will always wish there’d have got a bit more and the other side will always wish they’d paid a bit less. They just have to get close enough to get a deal done. 

• Like 3

We don't know how much we're paying for Webster, at the mo it's all just paper talk, and if we do sign him and it's reported as £20m plus, for all we know much of that fee could be based on add-on clauses that we'll be happy to pay if he ever meets them.

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The going rate for good championship players seems to be about £12m. If we pay much more then it will be over the top. 

We will need to pay extra in order to get the better players from the championship - Bristol, Leeds are looking for promotion. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yep 

21 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The going rate for good championship players seems to be about £12m. If we pay much more then it will be over the top. 

Best players in Championship are most of the time overpriced. Would be better in terms of money to have someone from La liga, Bundesliga or Serie A. But they dont know the culture in England as well as the player from Championship.