Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, thabucks said:

@sir_gary_cahill why do you want us to sign crap players ? Austin is busted, old & pointless. Desmond is a dirty bluenose and the sum they would want for him as they are not looking to sell would be over £20million. @Villan4Life Suggestion of Remi Oudin is a good shout. Younger , better , cheaper and not a bluenose . 

Why do you think they are ‘crap’? Do crap players play for their country? I don’t know who Remi Oudin is but I will research him

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watford and Wolves have been extremely successful with "inexperienced PL players". What does that even mean? Sounds like lingo that keeps dinosaurs in management 5 years ago but most PL teams have moved on

Read my post mate. It was an observation. I didn’t say that it won’t work. I don’t know enough about the players to comment and thus we have to trust the management. 

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Diminutive? I wouldnt say so; Butland 6”5’, Webster 6”3’, Mings 6”5’, Targett 6”0’, Wesley 6”3’, El Ghazi 6”2’ ... others aren’t under 6ft but I wouldn’t say that would be a particularly short team.

It’s mainly the midfield where we lack height. I didn’t realise Anwar was so tall.

It will be interesting to see how Wesley does when defending corners. Tammy always did a great job for us last year.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

So based on whisper, rumour, ITK, facts and signings, if we started with the team below at Spurs on 10 August, would we all be happy?

............................................Butland............................................

Guilbert...........Webster.....................Mings................Targett

..........................................Phillips.............................................

..........................Grealish...................McGinn..........................

Benrahma........................Wesley.............................El Ghazi

Bench:  Steer, Hause, Elmo, Hourihane, Jota, Davis, Kodjia

It wouldn't be a bad team to start our new season would it?   Probably will look nothing like this anyway, but I was bored this morning. :flag:

If that’s the team and Smith can get them busting a gut each week then there would be a hell of a lot of energy in the team. 

I think it would be scrap to the finish to stay up though.

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If that’s the team and Smith can get them busting a gut each week then there would be a hell of a lot of energy in the team. 

I think it would be scrap to the finish to stay up though.

I think Smith will get them to gel fairly quickly and they will definitely work hard for each other. I trust the management to make the right decisions.

The number of injuries will maybe dictate how well we do. There is a real drop in quality beyond those listed. Hopefully we can pick up some cheap project players plus a couple of loans to pad us out a bit (I know Purslow said no loans but needs must).

Either way it’s an exciting pre season and hopefully an exciting season awaits. Good times !

• Like 1

I'm starting to get a bit worried tbf. We need a shit load of players. If there's no signings next week it just increases the clubs chance of getting panic signings and all the duffers previously mentioned like Carroll etc

Linked with Emre Mor. Looks like a phenomenal talent but big attitude problems - any club that can tame him would be well off though. We turned El Ghazi around, maybe we could do the same with this kid?

It will all happen. Stoke want to sell Butland and he wants to sign for us. Same with Tyrone and Bournemouth.

The Webster one is trickier because it appears that Bristol want to keep him and the Philips one is even more tricky because Leeds want to keep him and it looks like he wants to stay.

The club will have suitable alternative solutions if required. Hopefully the days of the little black book are gone for good!

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Linked with Emre Mor. Looks like a phenomenal talent but big attitude problems - any club that can tame him would be well off though. We turned El Ghazi around, maybe we could do the same with this kid?

Just reading about this . It would last chance saloon for his career and hopefully he realises that . With the guidance of Terry and our very own Jack maybe he can turn things around . Worth a punt. 

Just now, thabucks said:

Just reading about this . It would last chance saloon for his career and hopefully he realises that . With the guidance of Terry and our very own Jack maybe he can turn things around . Worth a punt. 

Can't see it.

Smith has said again and again the attitude is something they look at as much as the ability, looking at this players rap sheet I can't imagine Deano would touch him with a barge pole.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Obviously it’s nonsese, but imagine if we did sell SJMG for £50m... our transfer kitty suddenly is £200m instead of £150m... that’s a nice figure.

I would guess that if there is a smidgen of truth about this, the £50m is our equivalent of the £30m price tag Leeds may have quoted for Phillips to deter a potential bid.

This transfer window is about filling holes in our squad, rather than creating new larger ones.

If we hadn't have been promoted, I would have expected PL clubs to have circled around John and Jack, but we did gloriously gain promotion. That gave us the right to expect to hold onto our best players, rather than to still entertain the prospect of selling them, albeit at higher fees than we would have been offered had we stayed in the Championship. We are in the process of building a squad, not dismantling one.

The times of us meekly selling our best players to the likes of Manchester United are gone, as are the days of them being a fixture in the top four or necessarily a better long term option than we are for young players.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think this will happen. The guy has one of the worst attitudes in football, and Dean's be a teammate would never apply to Mor. He's extremely selfish, arrogant and lazy. He's a talented player no doubt but he's been given chance after chance and we can't afford to take risks on a bad egg like him. 

Edited by VillaAlex
Phone autocorrect

On 28/06/2019 at 18:27, sir_gary_cahill said:

we need at least one other proven centre forward to challenge Wesley, someone like Charlie Austin would be perfect 

I think you originally submitted this post in the wrong thread?

The 'Weyhey! It's a joke' thread is here!..

😉

• Like 3

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is not even a link.

It literally says: OPINION: Aston Villa should look to sign....

Probably a good opinion though, JV. However, the only way Villa would ever entertain such a deal is if there was an option to buy at the end of the loan and that wouldn't suit the player as he wants to stay and play at Real so there's pretty much zero chance of this attracting Smith and Purslow. 

8 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Probably a good opinion though, JV. However, the only way Villa would ever entertain such a deal is if there was an option to buy at the end of the loan and that wouldn't suit the player as he wants to stay and play at Real so there's pretty much zero chance of this attracting Smith and Purslow. 

You do realise a lot of these opinions are tweens trying to make money off FB and have as less knowledge than the average punter on here right?

• Like 1

One more mention of rocket polishers like Austin and Redmond and I'm going to have a nosebleed.

Please, just stop. We have a scouting set up now and we're absolutely loaded. We dont need to pick through the 5 years ago all star second XI.

• Like 3