Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, useless said:

Ezri Konza who some have mentioned as as a possible signing for us is about to join Wolves for £12m, according to The TImes.

Damn it. Really could do without that happening as it'll only serve to steal their resolve on both Benrahma and Maupay (both of whom I think would be awesome signings).

Konsa is still seen as very much a 'raw' talent who still needs a lot of coaching to his game, that will be the reason that he wouldn't cost as much as Mings or Webster.

Edited by useless

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

A couple of Sheffield fans seem convinced they're signing Maupay. Allegedly 11-12m rising to you-guessed-it £20m. Would've thought Brentford would get a bit more than that up-front fee if true

If this is true then I hope we are going to try and sign him.

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

A couple of Sheffield fans seem convinced they're signing Maupay. Allegedly 11-12m rising to you-guessed-it £20m. Would've thought Brentford would get a bit more than that up-front fee if true

Means Smith doesn't think he can cut it at PL level if true and he knows him better than most.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you think he’s better than Kodjia, Hogan or Davis?

No.. and that's saying something cause I think Hogan is shite, Davis won't cut it and if I sooner had to choose..   Austin or Kodj.. it would be Jimmy Danger 8 days a week.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No.. and that's saying something cause I think Hogan is shite, Davis won't cut it and if I sooner had to choose..   Austin or Kodj.. it would be Jimmy Danger 8 days a week.

Why would it be Kodjia? Kodjia and Austin are similar ages and Kodjia has never even kicked a ball in the Premier League

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why would it be Kodjia? Kodjia and Austin are similar ages and Kodjia has never even kicked a ball in the Premier League

The fact that Austin has kicked plenty of balls in the PL but only a handful of them have ended up in the back of the net, doesn’t make him attractive for me. I’m not a massive fan of Kodjia, but at least we don’t know for sure that he can’t cut it at PL level, whereas there’s plenty of evidence to suggest Austin can't. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, useless said:

Konsa is still seen as very much a 'raw' talent who still needs a lot of coaching to his game, that will be the reason that he wouldn't cost as much as Mings or Webster.

Surely same applies to other two? Mings was brilliant for us in the run in and I want him back but no guarentee he'd be as imperious at prem level as he really didn't play that much for Bournemouth. Webster might be good but again just played for championship clubs so far.

I've said all summer, get Mings back full time and find guy experienced in european leagues who has 20-50 international caps. That strategy worked o.k getting in Mellberg, Laursen or even Vlaar after all.

But Mings and Webster were both better in the Championship than Konsa, many would say they were the best two centre-backs in the division last season, which is why they'll cost more to buy.

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why.. because he wouldn't cost a penny already being ours. He won't be on massive wages like Austin would want.. and yes Kodja is unproven at PL level, equally so are some of the players we are apparantly about to blow £20m a piece on.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I know how this game works... Utd buy Maupay, Brentford bid £200k for his replacement. We gazzump that bid with £500k and save on millions 😝

• Haha 1