Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Does this mean Chester is either worse than we thought or he is off. 

Neither, for me.

I think he’s crocked to the point that he can probably play once every 10 days, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t bring in another defender.

Mings, Engels, Konsa, Chester & Hause is a good set of options, in my opinion. Chester & Mings the experienced heads, Hause and Konsa the young’uns ready to learn, and Engels the inbetween 👍

My only concern about all these signings is that we seem to be building a side with very little Premier League experience. Now, I know that it's not always important to have that experience as it hardly hindered Wolves last season. But, a lot of those Wolves players were top quality and playing for big clubs previously. 

I know that we only have to be better than three other clubs, I just hope we are buying enough quality to make that happen.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Does this mean Chester is either worse than we thought or he is off. 

Looks like he will be unable to play bar the odd match. You don’t sign 4 CBs if you have a decent one already on your books. My guess is he will see out his final year with us and then prob retire due to injury. 

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Looks like he will be unable to play bar the odd match. You don’t sign 4 CBs if you have a decent one already on your books. My guess is he will see out his final year with us and then prob retire due to injury. 

Hopefully we offer him a role at the club afterwards, or at least support him earning his coaching badges. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eholm said:

To be fair, all we need is an injuries to 2, and a suspension to one and we are f*cked.

I'd rather have more than less.

I know it sounds ridiculous but stranger things have happened, as we should know.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

My only concern about all these signings is that we seem to be building a side with very little Premier League experience. Now, I know that it's not always important to have that experience as it hardly hindered Wolves last season. But, a lot of those Wolves players were top quality and playing for big clubs previously. 

I know that we only have to be better than three other clubs, I just hope we are buying enough quality to make that happen.

We are. And Smith-Pitarch are doing it with an eye on future continuity which should be the best news Villa fans have heard in a long while.

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Also potentially says we could sell Taylor for a few million and then have Hause as back up LB and CB

A move I'd welcome. Taylor isn't a PL footballer in any position, even as back up. He got better last year but for most of the time he's been here he has been a weak link, straying into downright liability territory at times and that was in the Championship.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, privateer said:

A move I'd welcome. Taylor isn't a PL footballer in any position, even as back up. He got better last year but for most of the time he's been here he has been a weak link, straying into downright liability territory at times and that was in the Championship.

Is it wrong that i've also been hoping he would piss off?

Nothing against him personally but I always view him as a liability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it wrong that i've also been hoping he would piss off?

Nothing against him personally but I always view him as a liability.

:lol: Obviously I'd say it isn't wrong. There have been far too many times when I have audibly groaned merely at the sight of his name on the team sheet. Ditto, nothing personal, I wanted him to be a top player for us - or at least the best he could be - but he really never was. He sometimes contributed - for example, IIRC for McGinn's goal at Wembley he pushed a nice, rapid pass out wide enabling the cross to go in - and got some vital tackles in sometimes.

But, and it is a huge but, far too many attacks stuttered when he was involved and too many dangers came down his side.

1 minute ago, supermon said:

This Bjorn Engels fella know how to score that's for sure, for a defender he's bagged some decent goals judging by his YouTube highlights, not too shabby in his tackles either

Sounds like he could possibly play defensive midfielder as well.