Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

32 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Injury record is no worse than mings just saying .... 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bjorn-engels/verletzungen/spieler/193469

Engels is a good player if he can stay on the pitch, maybe a great one. I hoped we would take a look at him but was personally hoping for a discount down to his injury record, 10M is too much. At 4-5M I think he’s worth a punt.

13 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Dissapointed that no advanced talks with Maupay and Benrahma. Hopefully they are the out-of-the-hat deadline day signings

Benrahma is injured so, if we are genuinely interested, an approach will happen when he is back to full fitness. 

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Am I the only one hoping the 'unnamed Premier League club' who have just agreed a fee for Robinson isn't us?

Nope, wasn't good enough when here (admittedly limited opportunity)

Has never seemed good enough for Preston when I've seen them.

Has never impressed me for RoI when I've seen them.

I'd be amazed if we were in for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Am I the only one hoping the 'unnamed Premier League club' who have just agreed a fee for Robinson isn't us?

No, I don't want us to resign Robinson. I wish him all the best but never really saw anything special about him.

Having researched Engels it seems he is tall (good in the air), ball playing CB whose star was rising a few years ago but who has had his career disrupted by injury and some strange transfers. Right footed, he would seem a good fit for Villa.

The Douglas Luiz link is interesting as a ball playing DM with potential. He couldn't get a work permit with Man City last year> Has anything changed to make that more likely now?

22 minutes ago, Mooley22 said:

Pure speculation but said id throw it up anyway,Haven't seen Douglas Luiz linked anywhere else

Calling Mings and Hause isn't really ITK. Everyone knew they were coming. Targett is probably the only one that might be remotely inside info. 

If it is true, Luiz is more of a DM than an MC. So that would suggest Phillips and Luiz would be competing for the deeper position and Hourihane would be an understudy to Grealish or Mcginn. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Robinson is actually a very good player for Preston, scored 12 goals in 24 appearances last season and was playing on the left wing, if it wasn't for injury he would have easily have scored 20 plus goals for them, and his record in seasons previous to that is decent as well. I think it's actually Sheffield United he's going to for £8m, which if true I think could well prove to be a bargain for them, he's not far off the level some of the other championship players we've been linked to. Although if we're going to sign another striker I'd prefer someone  in the mould of a player Leao or Edouard from Celtic.

Edited by useless

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He is a Manchester City player 😉

He is and they had to loan him out as he was refused a work permit. 

Edit: The ITK probably didn’t realise this when he spouted his bs.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is and they had to loan him out as he was refused a work permit. 

Edit: The ITK probably didn’t realise this when he spouted his bs.

Apparently Brazilians living in Spain can apply for citizenship after only 2 years of residency. Luiz has been on loan to girona for that length of time. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still think the link is bullshit.

It might well be.

Considering Dyche said that there had been no bids for Heaton a day or so ago, I find it unlikely that a transfer to Villa would be in advanced stages. Leeds are still negotiating a new contract with Phillips, so aren't going to entertain any transfer, unless the player ends negotiations and says he wants to leave(which he hasn't done yet). Engels is a new link in the media today, so he could have just jumped on that. 

The only one I think is interesting is Luiz, as there were no rumours previously and it is a bit of a leftfield signing, that no one would randomly guess. 

Edited by Made In Aston