Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

25 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Without serious reinforcements the squad which got us up last season would not have survived in the PL.

Are you including Tammy and Alex in that assumption ? 

All academic as we lost lots of loan players and have IMO have spent wisely - I think we will be well clear of the RZ. next season

14 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Loving our business thus far!

Is it me or will we have a team of Giants who can also play?

Mings, Hause, Targett, Chester, Konsa, Wesley all 6ft + Apparently Björn Engels is also 6'4"?

That is some Arial threat!

Chester 6ft+?

mike tyson lol GIF

Edited by MaVilla

Konsa is an excellent prospect, hope he adjusts to the demands of the PL quickly.

Reports that we're in advanced talks with Bjorn Engels who was exceptional for Reims last season. Would be another very good signing, not sure whether we'd play him with Mings or three at the back. 

Hopefully we can sign up a RW (Trezeguet), a GK and DM in the next week or 2 and we're looking good. Maybe they'll cap it off with a bit of a marquee signing at the end - Leao or Bergwijn would be nice 😎

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

GASP!! Do you realise Brentford are the best run club in the world and have a secret formula that nobody can ever find and copy. If it’s the Brentford way it’s the best way. Wash your mouth out with soap young man. 

Now now,it’s not bad though we improve managers and players most of the time as you are aware of 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I saw this on Transfermarkt although it had the date as July 1st.

So, I'm guessing he was on loan with an option or obligation to buy. Reims could make a quick profit if the rumour is true.

It would make zero sense that we are in for him or that reims would sell someone they have just bought... Unless he has some serious issues. Nothing to see here. 

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Apparently we had 2 lists for potential signings, one for the premier and one for the championship. 

Out of pure curiosity I'd love to know who was on the other list.

As would I, but the days of our late chairman waving a list of our supposed transfer targets in front of the press are long gone.

I guess the contents of the thankfully unused list, will have to remain a guessing game for us...

13 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Now now,it’s not bad though we improve managers and players most of the time as you are aware of 👍

Hands up you are run very well and punch way above your weight. The only question is, which I’m sure your fans must ask frequently, to what end? It’s a business that ultimately isn’t judged by the profit and loss account,  but on the football pitch. 

The P&L is of course very important these days, but only for how it translates to building a successful team. If you can do both then you really have cracked it. 

DM for me next

also it is very quiet on the going out side of our transfers. I’d like to see some money coming in for Hogan, Nyland, Tshibola,... and loans for O’hare, RHM, Sarkic and maybe Davis