Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I know they are a dying breed but still think we could do with a Milner/Snodgrass type player. Sure we have lots of young potential but we could/would benefit from a complete no-nonsense workhorse that has been around the block a bit and just gets stuck in and drags everyone else with them when things inevitably go wrong in some games.

Diego Costa is more than capable of doing this from the front and if he's likely to end up at Everton/West Ham/Wolves he could be an unlikely option that would provide a wealth of experience. Time for JT to have a chat with an old mate and get him on the cheap?

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Confused 2

That he's going to Sheffield United is come from that James McCann on twitter. I had a look on a Sheffield United forum, and their resident 'iTK' poster seems to think that Maupay to them has 'hit the rocks', and he could actually end up at Bournemouth... I don't know if he is actually ITK, but all the other posters on there seem to believe him, so must have been right with things in the past. I'm personally not sure about Maupay, have a feeling he could another Vydra type, looks brilliant in the championship, but not so good in the Premier league. If we sign another striker would prefer someone with more pace, like that Leoa we were linked to.

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maupay going Shef United.

This has been the case for a while. Plenty of Twitter commentators saying we are still in the mix, here is one just now....

May prompt us into action?

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 18.31.00.png

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

This has been the case for a while. Plenty of Twitter commentators saying we are still in the mix, here is one just now....

This guys gets a lot of brown nosing. I think he’s full of shit.

• Like 3

Found this little piece on Engels style of play... 

He is a confident 6ft 4in central-defender, who can dominate all aerial duels irrespective of the height on the cross. He is also a calm player and is capable of controlling the ball and clearing even in high-pressure situations.

While he is a big lad, he certainly gets around and even has an impressive goal-scoring record for a central defender. His abilities will be useful in the Premier League’s aggressive footballing nature.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Diego Costa is more than capable of doing this from the front and if he's likely to end up at Everton/West Ham/Wolves he could be an unlikely option that would provide a wealth of experience. Time for JT to have a chat with an old mate and get him on the cheap?

Costa against Mings is a guaranteed red card for one of them,Both love to wind up the opposition 

2 minutes ago, Mooley22 said:

Costa against Mings is a guaranteed red card for one of them,Both love to wind up the opposition 

Heh with a spine of Mings, Grealish, McGinn & Costa we could end up playing against 9 men most weeks ;)

Or with 9 men i guess...

Edited by LakotaDakota

In a strange way it would kinda make sense for us to wait til a different club agrees a fee for Maupay before making an offer, we can just match it then. No idea if transfers work that way but I think clubs would quote us higher prices because of our situation.

• Like 3

We really need to wait on making any further signings fellas. Ashley wants Steve Bruce at Newcastle and has a war chest of £90m waiting for him to spend plus any money made from the potential sales of Hayden and Longstaff - making a total of over £100m to spend. 

Surely, we should then be preparing ourselves for £20m bids for Hogan and Elmohamady? That'll come in handy when we go into negotiations with Brentford and Leeds for Maupay, Benrahma and Phillips :cheers:

51 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We are likely using Utd to flush out the rabbit on this. If we want him, we'll get him and at a lower price than if we'd been the first - and therefore probably only - team to talk to Brentford.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why not? They get the same windfall as us.

Their own manager kinda said they wouldn’t be in our league spending wise , I think the board there will have one eye on this being a one season deal  and not mortgaging the clubs future 

£20m isn’t impossible I guess I’m just not so sure 

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

In a strange way it would kinda make sense for us to wait til a different club agrees a fee for Maupay before making an offer, we can just match it then. No idea if transfers work that way but I think clubs would quote us higher prices because of our situation.

It's common practice but you run the risk of a deal being kept private by the buying team (offer conditional on it not being announced) and then missing out totally.  

9 minutes ago, privateer said:

We are likely using Utd to flush out the rabbit on this. If we want him, we'll get him and at a lower price than if we'd been the first - and therefore probably only - team to talk to Brentford.

We already know the price. It was the usual £20 million but he’s currently in the Brentford end of season double discount sale, with 25% off, interest free and pay nothing until 2021. For a limited time only. 

• Haha 1