Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love a spreadsheet. 

I think Leon is pure bs though and have no idea who Sangare is?

wheres Trézéguet?

I agree sadly on Leao - more hope than realistic links.  I do however think we will see another marquee attacking signing.

Ibrahim Sangaré is a DM for Ivory Coast Toulouse, young, tall, powerful, looks a talent.  Again, pretty tenuous links.

Trézéguet would be instead of Benrahma, but again he'd be the one I'd hope for in that position.

• Like 1

Well most of the players we've signed are players who were already part of last season's team, then you're left with Moraes, I guess it's debabatable whether he's better than Abraham or not, and Targett and Guilbert who I hopefully should be an improvement on our full-backs. You could even argue that if we were to put out a first eleven now it would actually be weaker than the one that played in the play-off final. Still need to add some more quality.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Well most of the players we've signed are players who were already part of last season's team, then you're left with Moraes, I guess it's debabatable whether he's better than Abraham or not, and Targett and Guilbert who I hopefully should be an improvement on our full-backs. You could even argue that if we were to put out a first eleven now it would actually be weaker than the one that played in the play-off final. Still need to add some more quality.

Jota is clearly an upgrade on Adomah too. 

Obviously we require further reinforcements. I'm just saying. 

2 hours ago, John said:

Like Jack Bauer, Smith & Suso can do an awful lot in 24 hours....

Well it's taken me two hours to notice this message so I think you've a little too much faith in me for a start... :trollface:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes I think Jota will surprise some people with how good he is. Also a full pre-season with Smith may well improve some of the players we already have as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently he was disgusted with how Leeds fans spoke on a forum.  Wants to leave them now.   

That can’t be true, surely. You taking the Michael?

5 minutes ago, useless said:

You’re right.  We are more or else the same as the team that got promoted.  Still a lot of work to do.

Jota is a gifted footballer, but I've always thought of him as being a fairly lightweight player. Benrahma in contrast has all the same skills but is a beast of a player to knock off the ball.

i see Jota as a useful sub against most teams, and a possible starter against teams that sit back and park the bus.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You just can’t speak to the VLV that way and not expect consequences! 

HKP90 apologises.

[bows low]

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

In fairness, to me, using apparently makes you seem as if you believe it might be true.

As far as I know is what (apparently) means, where it comes from else where and your mind isn't yay or nay because you dont know what's been said is true or not.

Benrahma is definitely the nuts. That one is 100% Smith pushing the deal. He coached him for 3 or 4 months so saw how good he was behind the scenes and wants him in.

Remarkable he came from Ligue 2 football! These players are out there.