Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So Wolves were the 1 in 20 that managed it.

What makes you confident we will be that 1 in 20 team to manage the same thing this season?

I think we're already better than some of the trash PL teams that have been barely avoiding relegation plus Newcastle could be in trouble with Benitez gone. Palace if they lose Zaha etc

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think we're already better than some of the trash PL teams that have been barely avoiding relegation plus Newcastle could be in trouble with Benitez gone. Palace if they lose Zaha etc

On paper it may look that way, but let's not forget that we ourselves are not over the finish line and still need another 5 or 6 in the door.

So as it stands it would be pretty ignorant of us to have this mindset.

If we strengthen with quality then we might have a slight upper hand of your Brighton's, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Burnley etc.

But hey, until we kick a ball ourselves as a unit then we do not know how well we will do and we could turn out to be in amongst that trash.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

When teams are spending big dough, and taking big whisks, doing research on the rumours is a great tart.

Reveal hidden contents

..and yes, I know that’s not how knead is spelt, but work with me, flour!

It should be news... Dough! 👴

15 minutes ago, holtend4life said:

I’d take Tuanzebe back for a year, gives us the option to spend in other areas this window and then some of these prices for inflated cbs will drop next year, or Utd might want to cash in on the man himself. 

Keeping that spine and continuity from last year will be very beneficial I think. 

Agreed.

Let's see what happens with their pre-season and go from there.

Okay he's signed a new contract.. it's more of an insurance policy on player value if they ever sell than what it is to put off any interested team willing to buy. What if this contract also contains a minimum release clause?

There is a small gap in that door that says anything is still possible yet.

I am keeping a close eye on events with Axel and that lot.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

There is a small gap in that door that says anything is still possible yet.

Aston Villa play waiting game on loan deal for Axel Tuanzebe

Aston Villa have sealed the £20 million transfer of Tyrone Mings and are lining up another loan move for Axel Tuanzebe.

Mings has signed a four-year deal with last season’s Championship play-off winners after Villa finally thrashed out a fee with Bournemouth on Sunday.

Dean Smith is targeting at least three more signings and remains hopeful of takiing Manchester United defender Tuanzebe back to Villa Park.

Tuanzebe impressed on loan at Villa last season and has been given a chance by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after joining United’s squad on their pre-season tour.

But Villa are prepared to play a waiting game for the 21-year-old and will offer him another loan move if United agree to send him out again.

Villa have also held talks with former Chelsea defender Gary Cahill, who is available on a free transfer, but a move is not thought to be close at this stage.

Smith is also keen to recruit a new goalkeeper, with Burnley’s Tom Heaton emerging as favourite after Stoke refused to drop their £25m valuation of Jack Butland.

Villa had an significant offer for Brentford winger Said Benrahma rejected last month and have been quoted £30million by Bristol City for defender Adam Webster.

Never say never.

• Like 1

How many of you want Tom Heaton at Villa, i do not understand the move for the keeper anymore than I understand the move for Cahill if by any chance they do join. I thought the idea of Smith's plan was to bring in quality young stars, not older players, it's abit baffling and only reason I can think of is to fill the squad more untill better pops up.

I would much rather Villa pay the extra for Butland than bring Heaton in, surely Heaton reflexes arnt as good as Butland. I also think Butland would be much better for Steer, feel that Steer could thrive off chasing Butland more because he will offer him more of a challenge.

Maybe it's me and I'm thinking to much into it, I'm just not feeling Heaton and would rather give Steer the no1 till January if that's the case.

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

How many of you want Tom Heaton at Villa, i do not understand the move for the keeper anymore than I understand the move for Cahill if by any chance they do join. I thought the idea of Smith's plan was to bring in quality young stars, not older players, it's abit baffling and only reason I can think of is to fill the squad more untill better pops up.

I would much rather Villa pay the extra for Butland than bring Heaton in, surely Heaton reflexes arnt as good as Butland. I also think Butland would be much better for Steer, feel that Steer could thrive off chasing Butland more because he will offer him more of a challenge.

Maybe it's me and I'm thinking to much into it, I'm just not feeling Heaton and would rather give Steer the no1 till January if that's the case.

Heaton was rubbish last season. I think he dropped off maybe coming back injured but not good stats. 27 goals concede in 19 games only 4 CS. 

Steer 12 conceded in 16 and 6 CS which is much better even if you discount the 2 leagues 

Tuanzebe on loan please. Keeps some of the chemistry there and allows us another year to scout for suitable purchases, while paying a relatively low risk fee for Axel.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Can't help but feel Trezeguet might be a flop so wouldn't pay more than 6 mill for him,That's if we're even in for him. He seems more of championship player than anything. 

The defending in his goal highlights looks horrendous. Don't rate at all. Yet another in the dustbin of lazy made up rumours no doubt

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Don't know about this, Purslow and Smith were quite adamant in the interview after the play off win that they would not loan any further players, to improve them and send back to their clubs for them to cost more. The only way I see Tuanzebe at Villa is a permanent move.

Man Utd are a shambles, the manager will probably be sacked before Christmas. It would be great to do a deal for Tuanzebe, as they have poached some of our best players over the past 20 years.

• Like 1

Would you rather: a) take a couple of loan players without option to buy and sign an old proven player or two and stay up, or b) refuse to loan and sign 3-4 more players without any premier league experience for £20M+ each and get relegated?

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The defending in his goal highlights looks horrendous. Don't rate at all. Yet another in the dustbin of lazy made up rumours no doubt

Except that Pitarch and Smith were in Egypt to watch (ostensibly) him over the weekend.

20 minutes ago, bojong said:

Would you rather: a) take a couple of loan players without option to buy and sign an old proven player or two and stay up, or b) refuse to loan and sign 3-4 more players without any premier league experience for £20M+ each and get relegated?

Football, like life, is not black and white. Option A is not guaranteed to get us another season in the top tier, just like option B is not guaranteed relegation.

• Like 3

I would much prefer Benrahma over Trezeguet.

One of the issues for us at the moment is that unless Wesley turns out to be a lot more productive in front of goal than he has so far in his career where are the goals coming from? We need our wide men chipping in as Jack and McGinn are not prolific. In that respect Hourihane brings a better balance to the team than McGinn.

I see Benrahma scoring more than Trezeguet. 

34 minutes ago, mallett said:

I would much prefer Benrahma over Trezeguet.

One of the issues for us at the moment is that unless Wesley turns out to be a lot more productive in front of goal than he has so far in his career where are the goals coming from? We need our wide men chipping in as Jack and McGinn are not prolific. In that respect Hourihane brings a better balance to the team than McGinn.

I see Benrahma scoring more than Trezeguet. 

I agree, but I think we’ll sign another striker anyway. 

• Like 1