Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

Can see truth in this trazeguet link with the link with our Egyptian owner

not sure how good he looks, to be honest some of his skill looks a bit chancy, and its in Turkey, what is the level of that league?

Honestly some of his "moves" look like the type of moves that would get shut down easily at a higher level, dunno tho?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Ok, I have been proven wrong once again but in my opinion, RHM has more natural ability than Gabby had, it’s not all about stats. Gabby had a great work ethic in his early years but then tailed off, RHM has a good attitude too I think, let’s see how far he can go. I’ve been bigging him up on here a lot over the past few years (RHM), let’s see what he can do

If he had more ability than gabby he'd have been in our team when he was 18/19

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah lol.

Abraham (Villa), Hector (Sheff Wed), Kane (Hull), Baker (Leeds), Blackman (Leeds), Kalas (Bristol), tomori (Derby), Mount (Derby), DaSilva (Bristol), Brown (Leeds), Palmer (Bristol), Chalobah (Ipswich), Reece (Wigan), afaik.

there were also numerous other Chelsea players on loan to league 2 and abroad.

Absolutely ridiculous. The authorities need to limit the number of loans out a club can make.

Though all the big boys do it, so probably no action.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not sure how good he looks, to be honest some if his skill looks a bit chancy, and its in Turkey, what is the level of that league?

Honestly some of his "moves" look like the type of moves that would get shut down easily at a higher level, dunno tho?

Agreed looks like an Elmo type of winger in that his main trick is trying to meg or barge past his man. Could be a world beater for all I know but a few warning signals in his YT vid. 

Based on that I’m going to say this is standard crappy Sun journalism/click bait. Elmo + owner % need for winger = link.

The annoying thing is this crap works. I clicked the damned link! Another penny in the Murdoch money jar. 

We obviously stood zero chance of getting him but AC Milan have just signed Theo Hernandez for £15million .... That puts the prices Prem clubs are expected to pay because of the bloated TV deal in comparison to the rest of Europe’s deals.... 

Edited by thabucks

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Absolutely ridiculous. The authorities need to limit the number of loans out a club can make.

Though all the big boys do it, so probably no action.

OT sorry, but isn’t this the reason for their transfer ban?

1 minute ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

OT sorry, but isn’t this the reason for their transfer ban?

Not quite, I think it was more the amount of young foreign players registered with the club... so basically yes, but not explicitly.

• Thanks 1

A bit more info on Trezeguet from an Egyptian football expert....

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mahmoud-trezeguet-afcon-aston-villa-16521905

"Mahmoud Hassan 'Trezeguet' is a workhorse with pace, technique, and an eye for goal, which is essential for modern wingers.

"He has also proven to be extremely useful on the counter, which could come handy for many Premier League clubs who struggle under pressure.

"Overall, I believe he has the skill set to succeed in England with the right coaching."

"Trezeguet's current best position is on the left wing, where he loves to cut in onto his right foot and try to either score or set up a goal.

"He can also play on the opposite flank or even central midfield, and has the qualities to potentially succeed as a number 10."

"As he's more of a direct winger rather than one who strictly hugs the flank, I'd compare his style of play to someone like Yannick Carrasco of Belgium."

Sounds like an interesting prospect with scope to improve and poss cover for Jack . 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thabucks said:

More realistic than Leao .... very skilful and at the rumoured price a potential bargain ... sign him up ... can we be greedy and have both the Portuguese and Egyptian Mbappe ?

Can we just sign the French Mbappe instead? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Savo'sleftpeg said:

If he had more ability than gabby he'd have been in our team when he was 18/19

To be fair RHM was brought into the first team squad and given his first run out in the premier league at 16 by Sherwood, who coincidently gave Kane his chance at Spurs. Since however RHM has been very injury prone and suffered a serious injury, which has set his development back alot. Whether he can make it now is highly questionable but in terms of talent he 'was' right up there.

Also Trezeguet is a bad idea. 2 years in belgium and couldn't learn the language and is fast in turkey but with the athletes in the premier league is reckon his pace is nothing special.