Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, useless said:

The random links are often the ones that turn out to have some truth to them. I've been wanting us to sign Leoa for a while now, but didn't think it would be a possibility because of Lille being in the champions league.

Money talks ?! Doubt it will happen but it beats dragging up players who never made it or Austin. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Leao ain’t happening mate.  Very odd random link. 

Out of interest what makes you so sure ....

Rich owners ... Suso’s contacts abroad ... you never know... highly unlikely but stranger things have happened. 

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Out of interest what makes you so sure ....

Rich owners ... Suso’s contacts abroad ... you never know... highly unlikely but stranger things have happened. 

I should have added I doubt it will happen. Just sounds way too far fetched to me.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1

Danny Ings has moved to Southampton for £20m. Nearly 27 so no resale value, and there's a treatment table somewhere with his arse print permanently dented into it. Only managed 23 games last season for Southampton, and scored 7 times. Once scored 21 in the Championship, and 11 in a PL season.

**** games gone mad.

(Bristol and Leeds would want £80m as he once got on the pitch for England for 30 minutes) ;) 

Weird one but was thinking about it earlier. 

About a month ago our record transfer was 18mil for Bent. We have broken it for Wesley. How many more times do you think we will break 18m this summer? 

I think 4 more times. Mings, Webster, Phillips and some winger I've not heard of. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Danny Ings has moved to Southampton for £20m. Nearly 27 so no resale value, and there's a treatment table somewhere with his arse print permanently dented into it. Only managed 23 games last season for Southampton, and scored 7 times. Once scored 21 in the Championship, and 11 in a PL season.

**** games gone mad.

(Bristol and Leeds would want £80m as he once got on the pitch for England for 30 minutes) ;) 

You have to legislate for the fact he's a Mark Hughes signing tbf. Southampton should just be glad it isn't £40m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

About a month ago our record transfer was 18mil for Bent. We have broken it for Wesley. How many more times do you think we will break 18m this summer? 

I think 4 more times. Mings, Webster, Phillips and some winger I've not heard of. 

TBF after that we had the money tap turned off, almost went out of business and have been in the championship for 3 years, with severe FFP issues.  Not entirely surprising to be breaking it a few times 8 years on when we finally have cash again.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why you fancy joining in ? - can you slot in at CB ?

Don't be daft, the correct question for a Villa related person to ask is:

Can you play right back?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Aston Villa are reportedly interested in bringing Portugal’s answer to Kylian Mbappe to the Premier League with SuperDeporte claiming that Lillewonder-kid Rafael Leao is on the radar of the Midland side.

We had our fingers burnt once with the Tongolese Zidane! Let's not make the same mistake with the Portuguese Mbappe! 

53 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Going by all the links then many times.

1 minute ago, Uncle Albert said:

Is there any big scandinavian centre backs knocking around? We always seem to do well with them

Isn't ajer from Celtic Scandinavian?, he's a big unit.

• Like 2