Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is this new? Did teams like Man City and Arsenal meet this last season?

I think the PL one’s been in since 2010, and the UEFA one has been in longer. Will try to find a link - from wiki:

UEFA homegrown rules

Homegrown Player Rule is a rule for UEFAcompetitions that was first introduced in 2006–07 season and fully enforced beginning in the 2008–09 season. On top of a maximum 25 players for List A, clubs had to designate a minimum 8 players that were trained by clubs from the same national league, with 4 of them are from the club own youth system.[1] The rule in turn capped a maximum of 17 foreigners for the club in UEFA competitions.

The English Premier League enforced their own version beginning in 2010.[2]

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, poitier said:

I agree with all that, but I do think he has definitely improved under Smith. I also have doubts that he will be good enough for the PL, but I don't think we should be getting rid of players that are on the up, his ceiling might not be as low as feared.

I definitely wouldn’t be getting rid of him for the sake of it. A lot depends on who we can get in. He also has the advantage of giving us some continuity. 

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

See this signing confuses me. £ 15 **** million for Che Adams? I'd be suicidal. 

Let's not worry about it. What money Southampton choose to spend and on whom, is of only passing interest to me.

Which players leave Small Heath and how much they receive from another club for them is of even less interest, because after all they no longer are in the same division as we are. Let them both get on with it, we have bigger and our own fish to fry...

• Like 1

Tenuous links to Martin Odegaard of Real Madrid on a two year loan 

Aston Villa have already secured five signings this summer, but Dean Smith is looking to add more new faces before the transfer window closes.

The newly promoted Premier League side need top quality players in almost every area of the pitch, and that is why Smith should move quickly to sign Martin Odegaard on loan this summer.

According to reports from AS, the highly-rated winger is set to leave Real Madridon a two-year loan deal.

https://sportslens.com/opinion-aston-villa-should-look-to-sign-martin-odegaard/269034/

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i have edited my post that you quoted, its 3 years in english club before 21, so Taylor and Chester would qualify.

Elmo wouldnt as he came to the UK aged 20ish, so impossible to get it afaik?

Kodjia didnt come to Uk until he was 24/25 odd?

Also the fact he is English.

that isn't a link to us. that's a guy who references an article claiming real want to loan him out for two years and says we should go for him.

the title literally says "opinion".

Edited by abdomlahor

1 minute ago, VBM said:

That article is just some guy saying we should sign him, not a link. 

Quite so. It's as much a link as when I read a few days ago he was likely to be going on loan me thinking we should move in. I very much thought it but that doesn't make me an ITK and the notion of him signing a link. Mores the pity. Being able to created links and effect transfers with the power of my mind would make me much more useful than that @Delphinho123 guy :lol:

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

who is?, i mentioned 4 or 5 names there?

I think he means Chester as he was born here. I think it’s irrelevant anyway with Welsh players as they count as homegrown.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he means Chester as he was born here. I think it’s irrelevant anyway with Welsh players as they count as homegrown.

ah kk, ye wasnt sure if he was born in england but eligible for wales through parents/grandparents or whatever, kinda like Taylor?

either way, doesnt rly matter :)

• Like 1

Just having a think here and our record for signing fullbacks hasn’t been that great has it? Some may see Hutton as a success but I don’t really. Amavi, Lowton etc.. Some of it is a case of right player wrong time and some were just terrible. I’d go as far back as to Stephen Warnock who I absolutely did not like. I’m sure I’ve missed some “hits” in there but overall it has been really poor under various management.