Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

AvAgent on twitter talks absolute tripe. Why do people believe these accounts? I could literally go and make an account now and call it ITKVilla, link us to a Napoli player and there would be people who believe it.

No one is saying they believe it, just flagging what is out there.

Like its been said many times, if this upsets you why even look in this section, just wait until they are signed. There is no way to determine who is ITK or not, something could be solid and fall down at the 11th hour. Some people make a sport of trying to shoot down twitter accounts, just chill out, just be grateful we can at last play this game and not scratch around like the last two years?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

AvAgent on twitter talks absolute tripe. Why do people believe these accounts? I could literally go and make an account now and call it ITKVilla, link us to a Napoli player and there would be people who believe it.

No one is saying they believe it, just flagging what is out there.

Like its been said many times, if this upsets you why even look in this section, just wait until they are signed. There is no way to determine who is ITK or not, something could be solid and fall down at the 11th hour. Some people make a sport of trying to shoot down twitter accounts, just chill out, just be grateful we can at last play this game and not scratch around like the last two years?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I actually think that is coincidence - they mention Villa when talking about Tomori and the play-off final. 

Thats the exact point. The guy has 100% seen him in the same article as Villa, in a foreign paper, and just made up that the two are associated even though the article mentions us and Fornals in isolation.....

5 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Smith has primarily stuck to the same kind of system for a few years now, although it is a flexible system with interchangeable parts. He moulded the players to his system rather than the other way around last year. So I'd say he's looking for players for that system or similar with an eye on a plan B if required.

My research on Fornals led me to believe he mainly sticks to the center and that's where most of his best ratings are, also his attributes are all similar to Jacks. I've not seen enough of him to really say much more than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we spent big money on one player but I'd think it wouldn't be in an area where we already have plenty of quality. I'm thinking most likely a striker or defensive midfielder would be the areas we really need to fill with quality, and a new left back wouldn't hurt either...

Totally, for Smith's game, highest spend will be Striker or DCM or ball playing CB. Although he likes the full backs to overlap so spending big there... Hmmm. so that's already a lot of positions, but I doubt there'll be more than a couple of serious money players, and it'll be more than likely the attempt to land a 20 goal striker. Which is like winning a unicorn at a raffle.

I'd like to see Smith try a 3 at the back at home against the weaker sides and have an extra man in the middle to try and control games, but we've looked capable of that with a 4 so waddaiknow.

Just now, avfcwills10 said:

Thats the exact point. The guy has 100% seen him in the same article as Villa, in a foreign paper, and just made up that the two are associated even though the article mentions us and Fornals in isolation.....

Doubt that's his link, not even in the same part of a very long article.Don't think he's that daft!

12 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Doubt that's his link, not even in the same part of a very long article.Don't think he's that daft!

I think you're missing the point I was trying to make but never mind. Maybe I am taking it a little serious, I just find it crazy how many people are completely gullible and don't do their own research. 

I hope we sign players of this ilk as much as anybody trust me! Still desperately hoping something there is something to the Maxi Gomez link!

Now our recruitment seems to be improved, i thought it might be worth a quick reminisce of some of our less good historic signings of the last 20 years :)

The bad:

Balaban - 7m, Crouch - 7m, Allback - 3m, Djemba Djemba - 3m, Harewood - 5m, Routledge - 2m, Shorey - 5m, Warnock - 8m, Ireland - 9m, NZogbia - 10m, Kozak - 6m, Tonev - 3m, Helenius - 1m, Bacuna - 1m, Cissokho - 2m, Richardson - 750k, Sinclair - 3m, Traore - 9m, Gestede - 8m, Lescott - 1m, Crespo - 700k, Richards - 5 years of gravy, McCormack - 12.5m, Hogan - 10m, Tshibola - 5m, Bree - 5m, De Laet - 2m.

All for a mere 130m ish.........bargain..........

The Good:

To temper this, some of my favourites:

Carbone - ?m, Angel - 13m, Staunton - free, Mellberg - 6m, Merson - 5.5m,  Solano - 2m, Laursen - 3.5m, Bouma - 4m, Young - 12m, Petrov - 9m, Carew - ?m, Milner - 13m, Vlarr - 3.5m.

If only we had a basic level of competence historically & didnt waste their talent:

Gollini - 4.5m, Amavi - 10m, Veretout - 9m, Gueye - 8m, Makoun - 6m.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

I think you're missing the point I was trying to make but never mind. Maybe I am taking it a little serious, I just find it crazy how many people are completely gullible and don't do their own research. 

I hope we sign players of this ilk as much as anybody trust me! Still desperately hoping something there is something to the Maxi Gomez link!

This is light hearted banter. I take your points but this is just a bit of fun. Nobody is being gullible. Having names bandied about is just a fun way of dealing with no football.

It certainly isn't serious but an "ITK" comes up with names it's something to talk about, that's all. What really matters is ITSOTP

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Now our recruitment seems to be improved, i thought it might be worth a quick reminisce of some of our less good historic signings of the last 20 years :)

The bad:

Balaban - 7m, Crouch - 7m, Allback - 3m, Djemba Djemba - 3m, Harewood - 5m, Routledge - 2m, Shorey - 5m, Warnock - 8m, Ireland - 9m, NZogbia - 10m, Kozak - 6m, Tonev - 3m, Helenius - 1m, Bacuna - 1m, Cissokho - 2m, Richardson - 750k, Sinclair - 3m, Traore - 9m, Gestede - 8m, Lescott - 1m, Crespo - 700k, Richards - 5 years of gravy, McCormack - 12.5m, Hogan - 10m, Tshibola - 5m, Bree - 5m, De Laet - 2m.

The Good:

Carbone - ?m, Angel - 13m, Staunton - free, Mellberg - 6m, Merson - 5.5m,  Solano - 2m, Laursen - 3.5m, Bouma - 4m, Young - 12m, Petrov - 9m, Carew - ?m, Milner - 13m, Vlarr - 3.5m.

If only we had a basic level of competence historically & didnt waste their talent:

Not sure I agree with Allback. He kind of kept us up. 

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

The bad:

The Good:

I agree except Allbäck, as Spoony correctly states below his goals that season are what kept Villa up.

Also Carbone was only ever on loan wuth us, Gregory wanted to sign him full time but Ellis wouldn't stump up the peanuts.

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Not sure I agree with Allback. He kind of kept us up. 

Great signing for £3m.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Allow me to contribute some speculation based on what all speculation sources seem to do now:

I think we will go for this 20+ goal striker.

We are lining up a bid for a defender. Aston Villa fans will love this.

A bid has been made. You won’t believe who it’s for.

”Surely he won’t join?” “That would be incredible for this level”. New link stuns fans.

Spoony made this claim and you won’t believe what happens next.

Villa will sign this bargain player with one simple trick. Doctors are furious.

oh god i hate this stuff, or the....

"Villa are going for THIS player, teams are shocked"

or

"Dean Smith will lose THIS player, fans outraged"

whenever i see that crap i purposely dont click it regardless, cus its disgusting click bait and doesnt deserve my clicks :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Allow me to contribute some speculation based on all speculation sources seem to do now:

I think we will go for this 20+ goal striker.

We are lining up a bid for a defender. Aston Villa fans will love this.

A bid has been made. You won’t believe who it’s for.

”Surely he won’t join?” “That would be incredible for this level”. New link stuns fans.

Spoony made this claim and you won’t believe what happens next.

Villa will sign this bargain player with one implementation trick. Doctors are furious.

Also

A “big” club will bid for XXX Villa player.  Villa fans laugh at the derisory amount. Opposition fans cry that player is not worth the bid amount and cry why they aren’t going for fancy named overseas player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

The bad:

The Good:

I mean some of them weren't as bad as all that for the price, like we definitely got £1m worth of decent football out of Bacuna, and Crespo at 700k was a shot to nothing really.

In general though we've been pretty horrid in the transfer market for quite a while...

Oh and don't forget pocket rocket Alan Wright for £1.5m, that was a bargain!

• Like 1