The Lions

momo

I don't live in England, so the club has some marketing to do if they want to go by that nickname, instead of the more commonly used the Villans. The Red Devils, the Toffees, the Gunners we all know.

"oh hi, Mr Di Canio. Sorry to bother you but our mascot would like to say hello before the game today. Can he come into the changing room?"

Pity we couldnt unleash him on the guy he replaced ;)

I did not say I have never heard it (read: never used and very rarely read)!!! The Villans is the one I have heard and used most, and I was just wondering if it was common among you guys.

There is a network of supporters clubs called Lions Clubs so it is quite common in some fan circles.

http://www.avfclionsclubs.co.uk/

PS on what a Villa Villan looks like, this is the usual image - strangely like Guy Fawkes

$T2eC16FHJF8E9nnC6Nm7BQ8QfvfpFg~~60_35.J

Lamentable that the glorious lion rampant on our badge is done no justice by those terrible f**cking mascot outfits.  We should just cut out the middleman and release an actual lion onto the pitch at half-time. Maybe have Benteke come out and wrangle him up, for the spectacle.  Just picture it; a razor-toothed death machine charging around the grass (and a lion, too).

'The Spaniard' from 'Gladiator.'

I did not say I have never heard it (read: never used and very rarely read)!!! The Villans is the one I have heard and used most, and I was just wondering if it was common among you guys.

There is a network of supporters clubs called Lions Clubs so it is quite common in some fan circles.

http://www.avfclionsclubs.co.uk/

PS on what a Villa Villan looks like, this is the usual image - strangely like Guy Fawkes

$T2eC16FHJF8E9nnC6Nm7BQ8QfvfpFg~~60_35.J

Alright, well this is a whole other kettle of fish. I have never heard him referred to as 'Villa Villan'. That is Clarrie Blue.

Our mascots are the best in the league! Top quality, all three of them!

tumblr_lis6dusotI1qh6sp0.gif

I'll have you know that Chip is a personal friend of mine. You know how they walk around the stadium before every home match and shake peoples hands and give out high fives and stuff? Yeah well I'm putting a word in, and next time they spot you at VP, they're going to punch you in the face instead of be nice. How do you like that mascot-hater?

Edited by hogso

I think 'the lions' is used occasionaly, but most people just go with villa or the villa. For a marketing viewpoint I guess the villans would be better as there are no other teams with that nickname.  The Lions tage is used by both Millwall and Chelsea, two lovely teams.  But really I dont care what people call them as long as they win!

The thing with 'The Villans' is that it doesn't exactly project the right kind of image. I suppose 'Red Devils' never harmed Man Utd though. When I was a kid, I used to think that Man Utd did a deal with Satan and that's why they were as successful as they were.

Edited by Ginko

I think a guy dressed as a Villain (or Villa-n) if you prefer, doing the rounds at VP would ruffle a few feathers.

Anyone think of an appropriate ne'er-do-well who'd fit the bill?

Â