Racism Part two

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s not true at all. It’s the timing that people are questioning.  Nobody has a problem with black presenters. They have a problem with sacking white presenters to replace them with black presenters for the sake of diversity. Now I’m not for a second saying this is what is happening and personality I do not think it is. But sky maybe could have gone about things differently to prevent this issue.

Should they have promised the replacements won’t be black?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Should they have promised the replacements won’t be black?

Well if anything if the replacements are black people are going to now say it’s only because of their colour even though they will most likely be the best person for the job. It’s quite unfair on the next presenter to get the job.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well if anything if the replacements are black people are going to now say it’s only because of their colour even though they will most likely be the best person for the job. It’s quite unfair on the next presenter to get the job.

That's a choice though isn't it. People don't have to launch accusations of tokenism*.

*assuming the programme continues in the same way, with non-white presenters, which as far as I have seen has not been announced and is hypothetical at this stage.

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s not true at all. It’s the timing that people are questioning.  Nobody has a problem with black presenters. They have a problem with sacking white presenters to replace them with black presenters for the sake of diversity. Now I’m not for a second saying this is what is happening and personality I do not think it is. But sky maybe could have gone about things differently to prevent this issue.

But they do

The notion that white people have lost their job and might be replaced by black people for the sake of diversity deeply offends people 

But the big issue is that they maybe maybe havent done it because of diversity they've just done it because the black chap is better..... Minds are blown

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thats exactly it if that happens and then replacing them with useless pundits like micah Richards 

It might  not happen but if it does then of course people have a right to complain. Thats the point making

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

oino.jpg

Off topic but when George accidentally made comment regarding Franks gay son is probably one of the funniest things I’ve ever watched

On 29/08/2020 at 16:24, Vive_La_Villa said:

Could someone post a link or a quote or anything showing that Sky sacked them in order to replace them with 3 black presenters? How could they have gone about sacking people differently? I'm guessing the answer is not sack them?

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Could someone post a link or a quote or anything showing that Sky sacked them in order to replace them with 3 black presenters? How could they have gone about sacking people differently? I'm guessing the answer is not sack them?

They havent announced who the replacements are yet. The rumours are it will be a rotational group not a set panel like it has been.

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They havent announced who the replacements are yet. The rumours are it will be a rotational group not a set panel like it has been.

So you and others moaning about this are, in fact, moaning about nothing?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So you and others moaning about this are, in fact, moaning about nothing?

It's sadly the same sort of views that got vented because the BBC decided to cut 2 minutes out of a series from the 80's. It's so pointless and takes away oxygen from the actual debate. People haven't been hired because of their race, yet some people can't stop themselves thinking about some white old men being hypothetically replaced by someone with a different colour rather than question why the BBC have had their whitewash stance in the first place.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your post is so pointless stevo here

Why is it? Several people including me pointed out that this was a non story. You and others were moaning because you thought they were sacking white pundits to be replaced by black pundits. 

There was never a report or even a suggestion that this was what was actually happening. It was faux outrage over a hypothetical situation that hadn’t happened and wouldn’t happen. 

You’ve just admitted that it’s not happening, so why was everyone moaning?

• Like 3

Â