Racism Part two

Demitri_C

Isn't it just an automated file dump of what becomes publically available from the FBI vaults. That file reached declassification age so the automated process tweeted it

The file itself says it was a hoax

It sure has got some Nazis frothing though

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Isn't it just an automated file dump of what becomes publically available from the FBI vaults. That file reached declassification age so the automated process tweeted it

The file itself says it was a hoax

It sure has got some Nazis frothing though

Its quite telling the number of likes and retweets it got over their other tweets. 

14 hours ago, bickster said:

But every single one of them, is responsible for keeping the vile hate filled shit rag in business, so in my book they all support racism. After that we are just arguing about degrees of racism

On the basis that VT posters often quote the Heil whilst showing their disgust at it ,  they would presumably have had to read it, and then they are encouraging others to read it  by linking the URL and quoting it  ... by your own definition , these posters therefore support racism .

You didn't even insert a Will Self get out and say probably ,  you labelled EVERY single Heil reader as supporting racism  ... ironic really in a thread about  prejudice and discrimination 

• Like 4

The personal morality of the readers is not really the issue. The important question is what role does the Daily Mail play in our political and media ecosystem? And the answer to that is that it mostly successfully pushes hard-right politics, including but not only about immigration. It is no surprise that people with horrible opinions on this topic congregate in their comments section, because the paper appeals to those people as their customer base. My feelings about the readers however are less important than the institutional success the paper has in changing government policy to be more inhumane.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

On the basis that VT posters often quote the Heil whilst showing their disgust at it ,  they would presumably have had to read it, and then they are encouraging others to read it  by linking the URL and quoting it  ... by your own definition , these posters therefore support racism .

You didn't even insert a Will Self get out and say probably ,  you labelled EVERY single Heil reader as supporting racism  ... ironic really in a thread about  prejudice and discrimination 

That’s the wrong use of a Will Self.

A Will Self would be to state all Heil readers are racist, but not all racists read the Heil.

But to be a bit less pedantic, you’re correct. I get quite annoyed at the posting of ‘bad’ stuff and ‘bad’ people because what it actually does is spread their diseased crap and opinions. I already know the Sun and Mail are hateful rags for perverts and scumbags. I only really need to be told if ever one of them goes out of business or converts to a more humane stance. 

I last saw the Mail Online (other than other people’s screen grabs) a good few years ago. Anybody know if they still do the long lease shots of people kids? That was particularly upsetting and weird. I’d always joked the Heil was for paedo’s but hadn’t realised it actually really was. 

Same would go for Julie Brewer and Katie Hopkins and Toby Young et al. I know they’re all nasty and I know they live on clicks and mentions and retweets, so why do people indulge them. Yeah, reference them, but don’t send me to their websites or twatters. 

I know people that claim to despise them, but follow all of them, eagerly anticipating the next outraged to pile on and retweet. Seemingly utterly ignorant of the originators M.O..

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I get quite annoyed at the posting of ‘bad’ stuff and ‘bad’ people because what it actually does is spread their diseased crap and opinions. I already know the Sun and Mail are hateful rags for perverts and scumbags. I only really need to be told if ever one of them goes out of business or converts to a more humane stance. 

I last saw the Mail Online (other than other people’s screen grabs) a good few years ago. Anybody know if they still do the long lease shots of people kids? That was particularly upsetting and weird. I’d always joked the Heil was for paedo’s but hadn’t realised it actually really was. 

Same would go for Julie Brewer and Katie Hopkins and Toby Young et al. I know they’re all nasty and I know they live on clicks and mentions and retweets, so why do people indulge them. Yeah, reference them, but don’t send me to their websites or twatters. 

I know people that claim to despise them, but follow all of them, eagerly anticipating the next outraged to pile on and retweet. Seemingly utterly ignorant of the originators M.O..

There's no point in a Panglossian 'pretend everything is fine because I can't see it' approach. That way lies complacency and then being surprised by the successes of the far right. You might already have fully made up your mind on every relevant issue to these outlets, their output and the way they are (not) regulated, but not everyone else has, and if we want to build up support for better regulation of newspapers or social media networks then we need people to see that it is important, and that there are negative consequences to their output.

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's no point in a Panglossian 'pretend everything is fine because I can't see it' approach. That way lies complacency and then being surprised by the successes of the far right. You might already have fully made up your mind on every relevant issue to these outlets, their output and the way they are (not) regulated, but not everyone else has, and if we want to build up support for better regulation of newspapers or social media networks then we need people to see that it is important, and that there are negative consequences to their output.

You’ve confused me with lapal fan, I’m not going down the Panglossian route (I know this, because I just googled it). I’m saying don’t give them clicks and links.

I’ve referenced another hateful terribly bad taste Sun headline last week. But I didn’t go on their twitter or website to do it, I didn’t give them click stats for their advertising revenue stats, I didn’t fund the next filth they spew out.

I didn’t have to send traffic their way to point out they are scumbags. They’ve not earned 0.001p from me.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

You’ve confused me with lapal fan, I’m not going down the Panglossian route (I know this, because I just googled it). I’m saying don’t give them clicks and links.

I’ve referenced another hateful terribly bad taste Sun headline last week. But I didn’t go on their twitter or website to do it, I didn’t give them click stats for their advertising revenue stats, I didn’t fund the next filth they spew out.

I didn’t have to send traffic their way to point out they are scumbags. They’ve not earned 0.001p from me.

I think the dividing line between 'I shared a tweet from their account' versus 'I'm sharing a tweet from someone who accessed their site' is pretty blurry. As you say, it's a difference of one click and a fraction of a penny. It's not worth getting irritated by.

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

It's true they are. Anything that directs clicks to the Heil website is supporting their racism.

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's true they are. Anything that directs clicks to the Heil website is supporting their racism.

I'm not sure that it is true. 

Most of the time that I've seen its a link to DM Reporter on Twitter which in turn uses screengrabs. Or a similar third party.

Obviously there will be exceptions, but I'd guess that most people linking to one of their stories in disgust/ horror / mockery are probably relying on someone else to to be the one actually wading through the slurry tank.

14 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I'm not sure that it is true. 

Most of the time that I've seen its a link to DM Reporter on Twitter which in turn uses screengrabs. Or a similar third party.

Obviously there will be exceptions, but I'd guess that most people linking to one of their stories in disgust/ horror / mockery are probably relying on someone else to to be the one actually wading through the slurry tank.

Hence why I said directs clicks to the heil website

I think what's going on in yank sports right now is bigger than the yank sports thread

NBA didn't play, MLS didn't play, a fair few NFL players didn't train (chargers as a team didn't) 

The response unsurprisingly has the very vocal nut jobs going mad, what our Wes said was in the main thread, Real salt lake city owner has come out and said its taken the wind out of how much he wants to invest in his team... 

The length that people are going to to discredit the victim or BLM as a political party is nuts

• Like 1

Â