Racism Part two

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

. @Davkaus has the answer. Blind Recruitment is the way forward imo.

While I support it fully, there's a reason I said "away from sport". The problem you have in professional sport, is...how do you review applicants for a professional football manager, look at this previous experience, and not immediately know exactly who it is?

"Well, it says here they managed Blackpool and Notts County, and also spent several years playing at Man United".

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nothing will change

I would be willing to guess the disparity in managers race is reflected in disparity in those taking the badges race but those numbers never seem to be released

Why do you think it had a big impact in the US but will have no effect here? 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The English Football League has made it policy that clubs must interview at least one black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidate when searching for a new first-team manager. 

Thoughts? 

My initial thought is "what's the source for this claim.?"

Just now, Davkaus said:

Why do you think it had a big impact in the US but will have no effect here? 

Ethnicity demographics are different

There are a lower percentage of black people, black players and like I said at a guess black people passing their coaching qualifications so of course there will be a lower percentage of black managers

The FA / EFL should be targeting more black coaches but then they should also be encouraging more coaches full stop rather than trying to make money from it like they do

• 1 month later...

New FIFA rules.

FIFA is set to update its disciplinary rules in an attempt to get tougher on racism in football following a number of high-profile incidents during the 2018/19 season. 

These rules will include doubling the minimum number of games a player or official will miss for a racist incident to 10 games, while FIFA will also invite players to make 'victim statements' at disciplinary hearings

While the new code seeks to prevent and further punish racism on the field with the change to the minimum ban, there is also an renewed effort to fight abuse in the stands.

While FIFA already has a three-stage process for referees - leading to games being abandoned - in cases of fan abuse, all 2022 World Cup qualifying games will also be attended by Fare observers who will assess the risk of discrimination.

It is also noted that FIFA wants abandoned games forfeited as a 3-0 loss

https://www.90min.com/posts/6409359-fifa-set-to-double-minimum-suspensions-for-racist-incidents-in-disciplinary-code-update

Knowing FIFA it will probably end up an empty gesture and cause more problems than it prevents. but hopefully it turns our a good thing.

While I get the sentiment I'm not sure the 3-0 forfeited game will be used in a consistent way.

Edit: All for the longer suspensions for players, even thou proving it still a vital problem to be solved.

Edited by sne

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/06/2019 at 15:50, Davkaus said:

Away from sport, I'm a big supporter of a ban on hiring managers seeing the names of people sending in their CVs before they select which candidates to interview. It's amazing how different the results are when people are sifting through and aren't (perhaps subconsciously) thinking "that's a weird name", or "shit, we don't want another woman going on maternity leave". Prejudice at the pre-interview stage is a massive problem.

Its a good point.   I hire quite a few people, and i obviously try to be as unbiased as possible, i do wonder whether subconscious bias can creep in. 

I also use recruitment agencies to send me CV's. I hired two similar people (age, sex, experience, location) from the same agency, and all future CV's sent to me seem to be virtual clones, even for roles which are somewhat different.   

• 3 months later...

The Dutch have the arrival of Sinterklas today (Dutch Father Xmas).

He arrives with his helpers.

Those portraying Zwarte Piet usually put on blackface make-up and colourful Renaissance attire in addition to curly wigs and bright red lipstick. In recent years, the character has become the subject of controversy as a racist stereotype.

What do you think ? There are loads of demos this year for obvious reasons.  Personally,  just change it so they are multicolored helpers (Face) (Red , blue , yellow, purple).  The kids dont care.  (Its supposed to be soot you see).   People are REALLY not happy this year.  Very much a Brexit yes or no thing in Holland.  There are 100's of them running around from now until 5th December.  (Visiting the schools,  on the TV etc)

I dont think you can dress up like the below ffs.

Related image Image result for zwarte piet

It's tradition but that is not good enough.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

• 4 weeks later...

On a very crowded train home last night, I happened to see guy texting the following to what I assume was his missus.

Just got on train. Absolutely heaving. Lots of darkies too. Probably get mugged or something.

word removed.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

On a very crowded train home last night, I happened to see guy texting the following to what I assume was his missus.

Just got on train. Absolutely heaving. Lots of darkies too. Probably get mugged or something.

word removed.

I thought the PM would have a limo?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This itv / stormzy stuff... **** me, our media is so **** stupid

It's mental. A clear and deliberate manipulation of what the guy said.

The fact there's a bigger uproar in the media about Stormzy saying Racism exists in the UK than there is about the **** prime minister being a massive racist word removed is insane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Sky feeling they have to publicly distance themselves from Neville’s comment that racism is bad.

I have to say, I admire Gary Neville for having the courage to talk candidly about racism on Sky. 

They'll be looking to drop him now. 

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's mental. A clear and deliberate manipulation of what the guy said.

The fact there's a bigger uproar in the media about Stormzy saying Racism exists in the UK than there is about the **** prime minister being a massive racist word removed is insane.

There's backing the wrong horse and then there's taking a pop at stormzy... 

Â