Racism Part two

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He will see this. Whether he gets offended is another thing. The villa fans love him and they are not singing it in a malicious way. Maybe the drink has clouded their judgement slightly, but we all love Tammy. 

Yeah I don't think it's malicious either, it's stupid but I think it's driven by wanting a new different song for a player chant (because the reality is we're **** awful at player chants) but not having the smarts to make this song fit any other way

If they could take "black" out of it then it's a decent, different for us chant (I haven't got the smarts either)

Can remember a guy who used to sit it front of me in the holte trying for weeks to get a "he's Ashley young, gifted and black" chant going but no one was having it's again no malice just stupid

Yeah said in the Tammy thread, I don't think there's any malice in it, and I don't think anyone singing it is being deliberately racist.

But it's a stupid thing to sing. 

It it is thick really not in a malicious way but stupid. You wouldn't see a bunch of black villa fans saying something like white mcginn. 

Really stupid but I don't think it was intended. But let's nit forget this is a very small minority of villa fans. 

Can we sing Dean smiths black & white army if we end up with a newcastle like away kit?

Anyway, I have found a solution to the Tammy song, All it takes is 2 shrewd summer signings

3LLnlQ0.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I previously worked in a factory where 3 blokes were called Dave, 1 of them seemingly happy with it as it's how he introduced himself "alright mate I'm black Dave" working in construction I've come across a few other blokes who have that moniker 

Changing the topic a bit...just walked to the shops and saw 2 cars with Luftwaffe emblems on the back, not sure what to make of it, I unfortunately know a bloke here who is openly fond of the previous regime and has the same on his car

interestingly (or not) here the 1st part of your license plate is the place it's registered (so it's mainly BN for Bonn) after that you can have what you want, you can have HH or 88 (my German missus didn't know 88 was a thing) but SS is strictly banned, you're not allowed to have anything to do with the SS

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I previously worked in a factory where 3 blokes were called Dave, 1 of them seemingly happy with it as it's how he introduced himself "alright mate I'm black Dave" working in construction I've come across a few other blokes who have that moniker 

When my Dad worked at the car factory, he had a black workmate called Paddy Murphy, which he found quite amusing. 

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Changing the topic a bit...just walked to the shops and saw 2 cars with Luftwaffe emblems on the back, not sure what to make of it, I unfortunately know a bloke here who is openly fond of the previous regime and has the same on his car

interestingly (or not) here the 1st part of your license plate is the place it's registered (so it's mainly BN for Bonn) after that you can have what you want, you can have HH or 88 (my German missus didn't know 88 was a thing) but SS is strictly banned, you're not allowed to have anything to do with the SS

Depends which emblem I guess, the current one isn't much different

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The traditional black and white iron cross, the new one is blue and grey I think

I'm not sure what the Blue and grey one is, possibly for uniforms but the aircraft look like this

16612381463_2385ac50f8_o.jpg&f=1

• 4 weeks later...

The English Football League has made it policy that clubs must interview at least one black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidate when searching for a new first-team manager. 

Thoughts? 

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The English Football League has made it policy that clubs must interview at least one black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidate when searching for a new first-team manager. 

Thoughts? 

My immediate thought?

Dwight Yorke.

• Haha 1

My thought is that at least they are trying to balance things a little. Regardless of if the interview stage reveals that they aren't suitable, the lack of Black or Asian managers indicates there is a problem with Whelan like owners or Black and Asian managers aren't being given chances. 

Â