Tom Carroll

Farlz

Nothing lost!

We tried to cover the position but his timing was off, coming in when pretty much every midfielder came back. 

Could have been a real sods law moment if we hadn't signed him though.

Edited by Nigel

It's a shame, never really got a chance with his injury, hopefully he will pull out of it.

No point keeping a player here with us and paying wages if we can't even get half a game out of a player we really did want to field.

Good luck Carroll with everything.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Sending him back doesn't mean we are not tbf.

We won't be most clubs are covered if a season ending season. Esp with ffp I highly doubt we would have been stupid enough not  to have inserted this clause in 

Surplus to requirements now anyway. Shame he was injured during our midfield injury crisis when we actually needed him. Very strange signing indeed. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We won't be most clubs are covered if a season ending season. Esp with ffp I highly doubt we would have been stupid enough not  to have inserted this clause in 

Andy why would Swansea agree to such terms? 

The way I see it, we paid for the loan and contractually agreed to pay his wages for the remainder of the season. All injured players go back to parent clubs for treatment, see Axel Tuanzebe who spent the last few months in Manchester getting treated, you think we weren't paying his wages during that time? The timing of the injury and the length of it makes sense to terminate the loan so he can move back "home" but I would be shocked if we are not still paying his wages until the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Andy why would Swansea agree to such terms? 

The way I see it, we paid for the loan and contractually agreed to pay his wages for the remainder of the season. All injured players go back to parent clubs for treatment, see Axel Tuanzebe who spent the last few months in Manchester getting treated, you think we weren't paying his wages during that time? The timing of the injury and the length of it makes sense to terminate the loan so he can move back "home" but I would be shocked if we are not still paying his wages until the end of the season.

Difference was that axel wasn't out for season. 

yeah I very much doubt we aren't covering his wages for the season, i've never known of any loan deal that involved a clause where injury stopped payment, why would any loaning club agree that when injuries are such a huge part of football.

Teams only terminate loans on their side if they want they player back etc. and put a break clause in, never known the club who is paying for the loan to put a terminate clause in the other way.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Think it's insurance that covers it...but don't quote me on that

A young guy I work with supports Swansea, said he was pants when we signed him, so maybe we've dodged a bullet? 

I don't know anything about him other than he's meant to be a rubbish Leroy Fer... whatever that means. 

Edited by lapal_fan

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

A young guy I work with supports Swansea, said he was plants when we signed him, so maybe we've dodged a bullet? 

Maybe they don't have the right growing conditions to make him flourish and bloom. He might have just needed time to grow in confidence. Obvious seeds of doubt though. 

• Haha 1

35mins - shortest Villa career ever for a signing? (in terms of playing minutes, not including villa academy products)

Can anyone beat that? I guess David Unsworth will always hold this title.

Edit: I thought Simon Dawkins would run him close but turns out he has a cool 71" to his name.

Edited by mikeyjavfc

11 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

35mins - shortest Villa career ever for a signing? (in terms of playing minutes, not including villa academy products)

Can anyone beat that? I guess David Unsworth will always hold this title.

Edit: I thought Simon Dawkins would run him close but turns out he has a cool 71" to his name.

Jermaine Jenas?

18 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Maybe they don't have the right growing conditions to make him flourish and bloom. He might have just needed time to grow in confidence. Obvious seeds of doubt though. 

I doubt we’ll ever get to the root of it.

Â