Tom Carroll

Farlz

Grealish and Carroll coming back (in McGinn's absence) would allow Smith to push Hourihane back to DM. Remember how good he was at recycling the ball when he played there? He fell to crap when he had to play in a more advanced position. 

I'd like to see Carroll start to see what he can do. I know his passing is meant to be superb, but it'll be good to see how hungry he is to win the ball, press the opposition and pick up those 2nd balls. 

As rodders says, can he be any worse..? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Grealish and Carroll coming back (in McGinn's absence) would allow Smith to push Hourihane back to DM. Remember how good he was at recycling the ball when he played there? He fell to crap when he had to play in a more advanced position. 

I'd like to see Carroll start to see what he can do. I know his passing is meant to be superb, but it'll be good to see how hungry he is to win the ball, press the opposition and pick up those 2nd balls. 

He played DM against Forest, all 5 goals were straight down the middle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am eager to see how this guy goes. He seems lightweight which is a concern. We are already league leaders on the ball, we need to improve off it.

Wikipedia has his style of play as similar to his former teammate Modric. If he reads the game half as good as what  Modric does then he will make up for being slight.

Seemed to have some decent opportunities to make an impression with Spurs. A squad with the midfield of Rafael Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale and Lamela in it too.

That said Hutton was making their squad at a similar time. As was Tom Huddlestone. Yet they managed 5th in the Premier League.

Also like that he has been a Swansea midfielder. Possession retention, weight/accuracy of pass and off the ball movement should be part of his repertoire.

14 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I am eager to see how this guy goes. He seems lightweight which is a concern. We are already league leaders on the ball, we need to improve off it.

Wikipedia has his style of play as similar to his former teammate Modric. If he reads the game half as good as what  Modric does then he will make up for being slight.

Seemed to have some decent opportunities to make an impression with Spurs. A squad with the midfield of Rafael Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale and Lamela in it too.

That said Hutton was making their squad at a similar time. As was Tom Huddlestone. Yet they managed 5th in the Premier League.

Also like that he has been a Swansea midfielder. Possession retention, weight/accuracy of pass and off the ball movement should be part of his repertoire.

Lol...  Modric?  That's like saying Nyland has a similar style of play to De Gea, but is complete shit...  

He's a Championship-quality Ashley Westwood.  He'll play in front of the defense, bring the ball forward, start our attacks and provide an outlet for our fullbacks/wingers to switch play to the other flank.  From what I can remember of his play at Spuds/Swansea, I don't think he has the same level of work rate as Westwood has, and is very lightweight in the tackle.  Knowing what kind of a player he is, I think he'll do alright in Smith's system, but also knowing how much flack Westwood got from out supporters when he was here, I think he'll end up becoming a new scapegoat to beat Smith with.

• Thanks 1

On 26/02/2019 at 16:32, Sam3773 said:

I would prefer Whelan there as I think Hourihane is experiencing a confidence crisis

• 2 weeks later...
Â