Tom Carroll

Farlz

20 hours ago, sne said:

Hope he gets fit and plays a part for us.

But from  what I've seen of him he's pretty much a slightly weaker and poorer version of Hourihane but without a good shot on him.

He's a lot better than Hourihane from what I've seen, actually gets involved for starters, passes the ball better and actually moves into space, far 'busier'. 

On 16/02/2019 at 05:09, Dave-R said:

Really feel for the guy with this injury, yet to make an appearance, hope  he does as I'm excited to see how he does.

That said I do feel like somethings doing my head in about players coming in who are injury prone, surely we can do better than this, it's almost like a desperation move.

That’s because it was a desperation move despite what the club say. We will get him fit again (probably match fit too) and he will probably go back to his club in the summer. 

On 16/02/2019 at 12:09, sne said:

Hope he gets fit and plays a part for us.

But from  what I've seen of him he's pretty much a slightly weaker and poorer version of Hourihane but without a good shot on him.

Upgrade on Hourihane

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Upgrade on Hourihane

Can't really be worse than Hourihane was yesterday.

But on ability and skill set I think they are somewhat similar overall.

Carroll hopefully is motivated and puts himself about a bit will mean he offers something Hourihane doesn't.

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Out this week.

Worryingly, Smith was said definitively "He'll be back for Derby" and didn't say that, or even hint at it, for Grealish.

If he isn’t back for next week I can’t see him being risked at the sty considering the nature of the game. 

As for Carroll, brilliant investment so far played what 15 mins so far?

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

If he isn’t back for next week I can’t see him being risked at the sty considering the nature of the game. 

As for Carroll, brilliant investment so far played what 15 mins so far?

I wouldn’t write him off just yet, he’s a very good footballer, he’s been unlucky with injuries so far

On 17/02/2019 at 13:42, dudevillaisnice said:

That’s because it was a desperation move despite what the club say. We will get him fit again (probably match fit too) and he will probably go back to his club in the summer. 

He wasn't a desperation move at all, in his villa interview he specifically stated that he was aware of the possible transfer 3 to 4 weeks prior, which would mean the start of Jan.

It can't have been a rush on transfer deadline either as when the Fer deal fell through there wouldn't habe been enough time for medical and travel etc, so they must have been working on the deal alongside Fer.

I could be wrong but I get the Impression we were in for Fer AND Carroll, but only Carroll came off.

I can't see him going back to Swansea, they seem to be trying to sell anything that isn't tied down or earning more than minimum wage.

I think we could pick him up relatively cheap tbh, I know it hasn't gone to plan as yet but I do think there is a player in there though would suit how we want to play.
I would not be against signing him up regardless.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

So no Grealish, Lansbury or Carroll. If we play Whelan and Jedinak in the same midfield I don't think it's going to be the answer to the movement problems.

And people are going to still moan about Dean saying we have the best team in the league and should be winning every match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

And people are going to still moan about Dean saying we have the best team in the league and should be winning every match.

But we do have the best squad in the league because it's the highest paid squad AND the most expensively assembled one, and those salaries and transfer fees were extremely well spent.

:taps head with finger and winks:

It is at this point we say " he can't be worse than what we have now" when it is quite possible he can after so long out....but he cannot be worse than what we have now.

I am not saying he is Busquets but one does wonder how we would have fared the past few months had Smith being able to select a midfield in his own image.

Carroll, Jack, Whelan and or McGinn. Midfielders who actually want to get on the ball

tenor.gif?itemid=4510107

Â