Tom Carroll

Farlz

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Dont't tell @TRO 😉

Not much difference is there?.....Mascherano & Hourihane or Carroll

I really don't understand the signing, but hey ho.

I might come round, if he performs.

Edited by TRO

I thought we were talking about Carroll's physique and general ability to mix it physically? Mascherano is short, but well built and has always been a physical player. Also, while there are some exceptions like Mascherano, Puyol and Cannavaro, the vast majority of top centre halves are tall. It's not as if height is totally irrelevant to football, given how much time the ball spends in the air.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I much prefer a midfield with a Carroll type player than Jedinak

I think it depends if you have the ball or not.

But I will have to see Carroll play......I am only going on reports.

I like players who can do both a hybrid, would be nice.

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think good teams in this league dont need a limited midfielder. Should have enough to do damage with the ball but a bonus if can put foot in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I believe we signed him because we need a player in the middle of the pitch who is a ball player, can pick a pass and make themselves available, rather than hide. Only time will tell if his physicality or any number of other attributes contribute to him being successful or not. 

Yes,

I think we went for Fer originally and when that didn't materialise it was Carroll that was signed.

Hopefully he has a good spell with us.

8 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah But Mascherano has played mostly at CB during the latter part of his career, and it's really important to be short when playing at CB.

That explains why Elphick has been so good lately...  He's only like 4'11" at this point, isn't he?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes,

I think we went for Fer originally and when that didn't materialise it was Carroll that was signed.

I don’t think that’s true Andy, I think we were in for both of them. 

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Not much difference is there?.....Mascherano & Hourihane or Carroll

I really don't understand the signing, but hey ho.

I might come round, if he performs.

Give him the chance TRO - he's the best passer of the ball we have now 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Sid Cowans's of this world only come around every so often 😞

29 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Sid Cowans's of this world only come around every so often 😞

and Dennis Mortimer and Gareth Barry and Steve McMahon and Alex Cropley and Andy Towsend and Kevin Richardson and Ray Houghton and Garry Parker.

No They are there Dave,(not saying they was as good mind) they always have been and always will be....we just have to get them.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes,

precisely.... different midfielders for me.

You see, we either know what we want.....or we just sign who's available....I fear we have been doing the latter for too long now, under a variety of managers.

Edited by TRO

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

precisely.... different midfielders for me.

You see, we either know what we want.....or we just sign who's available....I fear we have been doing the latter for too long now, under a variety of managers.

I agree different type of midfielders, that’s why the plan was to sign them both. This idea that Fer fell through, so we just grabbed anything we could on the way out of the shop is wrong in my opinion. We have behaved like that plenty of times in the past, but hopefully that kind of lack of planning is now behind us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree different type of midfielders, that’s why the plan was to sign them both. This idea that Fer fell through, so we just grabbed anything we could on the way out of the shop is wrong in my opinion. We have behaved like that plenty of times in the past, but hopefully that kind of lack of planning is now behind us. 

hope you're right Dave.

Edited by TRO

Â