Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i'm genuinely curious to know what's happened. from the relentless 'announce mings' stuff to criticising him at every opportunity. it seems to have gotten worse since he bit back at fans following the abuse of el ghazi. wondering if that has something to do with it?

It had gotten a lot worse since Mings became a BLM speaker and went vocally on the protests, even before then his odd mistakes were casually passed off. Now everything he does is magnified whether a tackle or tying his laces

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

It had gotten a lot worse since Mings became a BLM speaker and went vocally on the protests, even before then his odd mistakes were casually passed off. Now everything he does is magnified whether a tackle or tying his laces

I've always thought he does to much focusing on everything else in the media and instead should be concentrating on his football. Hes always got something to say and should just give that a rest for a while.

His defending is getting worse as each game goes on by, especially since his red card.

The Mings before would of gone to ground and stook his foot out to stop that goal from crossing his path, hed of reached like Dahlslim off of streetfighter to keep that one out, he could of stopped it.

I see fat from both Konsa and Mings, they didnt help eachother that much tonight. And someone should of been Tracking the player who scored that first header and he just came out of no where and left whoever was marking him.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mings hatred continues, getting embarrassing now

I don't think it is hatred. Surely a player's performance can be questioned without being classed it as hatred? 

I love him. But, for me, if there's an error to be made he's the most likely to do it. He's a man mountain and when on his game he's phenomenal. I just don't think he hits his top standard regularly enough. 

Look at how consistent Konsa and Targett have been this season. They have hardly put a foot wrong all season. 

My criticism isn't just about Mings either. Cash, although I'm a huge fan, is also guilty of not getting close enough to block crosses coming in. It's clear and obvious that other teams see that too, hence they target that side of our defence. 

17 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I don't think it is hatred. Surely a player's performance can be questioned without being classed it as hatred? 

I love him. But, for me, if there's an error to be made he's the most likely to do it. He's a man mountain and when on his game he's phenomenal. I just don't think he hits his top standard regularly enough. 

Look at how consistent Konsa and Targett have been this season. They have hardly put a foot wrong all season. 

My criticism isn't just about Mings either. Cash, although I'm a huge fan, is also guilty of not getting close enough to block crosses coming in. It's clear and obvious that other teams see that too, hence they target that side of our defence. 

Mings isn't a top 6 defender simple as that.

Players like McGinn and Mings may not be as good as we think. If we want to go to the next level we need better players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I see fat from both Konsa and Mings, they didnt help eachother that much tonight. And someone should of been Tracking the player who scored that first header and he just came out of no where and left whoever was marking him.

I thought Mings was fairly average and for the 3rd goal I thought he should have been more aware of woods pulling off the back of him and in all honesty for a guy if his size his arial ability against the better headers is not great however the 1st goal for me is on Barkley he made no attempt to bloke or change the path of Ben Mee so he was able to wander in with a free header. 

Edited by punkiller1981

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I've always thought he does to much focusing on everything else in the media and instead should be concentrating on his football. Hes always got something to say and should just give that a rest for a while.

His defending is getting worse as each game goes on by, especially since his red card.

The Mings before would of gone to ground and stook his foot out to stop that goal from crossing his path, hed of reached like Dahlslim off of streetfighter to keep that one out, he could of stopped it.

if he wants to focus on politics as well that's his right imo. he is a human being after all and you can't fault him for that surely? as an intelligent young black man too I'm sure that BLM means a lot to him. would think that's more important than football anyways, but it's not like you can consistitute a couple of tweets to him shirking his duties as a football player. Just don't agree with this sentiment at all mate.

As for his defending, he has ups and downs like all our players really. I think overall that he is an excellent defender and our record of clean sheets this season (second only to Manchester City) is more thanks to rather than inspite of Mings.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Mings isn't a top 6 defender simple as that.

Players like McGinn and Mings may not be as good as we think. If we want to go to the next level we need better players.

i think both are top 6 players...they're definitely at least top half players. i agree they will need upgrading if we want to aim higher

i think both players would get games for leicester, but neither would play much for city

its an interesting one, i dont really see what Mings did wrong last night.

What was a major issue for me was the apparent zonal marking, and this isnt Mings' fault afaik???

Whatever made us allow Burnley's two big honking centre backs to be together at the back post almost unmolested for that corner was criminal, i think Konsa was effectively alone with both of them?, madness. (Zonal)

I'm not sure why people are getting offended at others pointing out Mings' bad performances.

I love Tyrone. I think he's been a great player for us and he'll continue to be a key player for us. But his recent performances haven't been to his usual high standard and he's been poor at times.

Konsa is currently the best centreback at the club and he's backing it up with good performances.

12 hours ago, Farlz said:

Not a peep from the Konsa thread but the Mings thread is right at the top after a defeat, what a surprise. 

Konsa played better than Mings. Not really that hard to understand.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Konsa played better than Mings. Not really that hard to understand.

I agree to some extent. However had Konza conceded that corner, there is no way people would have blamed him or criticised him for the goal. 

Â