Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

To me, it looks like he could have managed to avoid contact with the players head. He's looking at him and it appears like he puts his foot down with force instead of maybe bending his leg in order not to make contact. 

I guess the only person who will ever truly know is Mings. If he's done that intentionally he should be ashamed of himself. If accidental then fair enough. 

• Haha 1

I think our man should be given the benefit of any doubt. Disappointing that Reading are playing this out in the media rather than concentrating on their relegation struggle. You have to wonder why they don't just let it lie. Who appointed them as judge and jury?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John said:

I think our man should be given the benefit of any doubt. Disappointing that Reading are playing this out in the media rather than concentrating on their relegation struggle. You have to wonder why they don't just let it lie. Who appointed them as judge and jury?

I'm the opposite, I can't give him the benefit of the doubt having seen him do it before.  Still, he has gotten away with it which is a bit of change of luck for us, I was expecting the worst as it would be typical Villa to sign a player on loan who looked really good, only to then have him banned for 10 weeks or whatever.  

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm the opposite, I can't give him the benefit of the doubt having seen him do it before.  Still, he has gotten away with it which is a bit of change of luck for us, I was expecting the worst as it would be typical Villa to sign a player on loan who looked really good, only to then have him banned for 10 weeks or whatever.  

Perhaps he's just got big feet that tend to get in the way? ;)

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We'd be doing exactly the same if it was our player.

I imagine we'd all be adamant it was deliberate as well.

I'm not so sure about that, perhaps the thicko's among the fan base (i.e. your average lout who posts in the Facebook groups) but the more intelligent fans would see it for what it is.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm not so sure about that, perhaps the thicko's among the fan base (i.e. your average lout who posts in the Facebook groups) but the more intelligent fans would see it for what it is.

So are the people in this thread who think it's deliberate thickos and louts then?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

So are the people in this thread who think it's deliberate thickos and louts then?

I've made my thoughts quite clear on this. To say it was deliberate seems to neglect a basic understanding of physics and thinking time and in fact, football in general (in terms of what it's like to play the game at any half reasonable level), it strikes me that the burden of proof weighs heavier on those making the claim that he did it on 'purpose' because the evidence just isn't there at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've made my thoughts quite clear on this. To say it was deliberate seems to neglect a basic understanding of physics and thinking time and in fact, football in general (in terms of what it's like to play the game at any half reasonable level), it strikes me that the burden of proof weighs heavier on those making the claim that he did it on 'purpose' because the evidence just isn't there at all. 

I'll take that as a yes :D

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm another who thinks it was quite deliberate - not to the face, but to the body. From my looking he was definitely trying to "leave something on" the reading player. And I once came top in metalwork.

Â