Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Need to make the deal permanent now, best defender we have.

Let's wait until the end of the season first...  Don't want to sign him up right now, only for the injuries to return.  If he continues to be solid, though, I'm sold!

Mings was a beast tonight, haven't seen a CB move around for Villa like that since Laursen. The time, the composure, and also the way he imposed himself on attackers. He also made himself a leader today, something we've been lacking on field. Great display.

• Like 4

Just now, QldVilla said:

Mings was a beast tonight, haven't seen a CB move around for Villa like that since Laursen. The time, the composure, and also the way he imposed himself on attackers. He also made himself a leader today, something we've been lacking on field. Great display.

This.

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Let's wait until the end of the season first...  Don't want to sign him up right now, only for the injuries to return.  If he continues to be solid, though, I'm sold!

If he continues like this someone else will buy him at the end of the season ......

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If he continues like this someone else will buy him at the end of the season ......

Yes, because why would he want to come here????? 

You act like the player isn't the one making the decision...

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yes, because why would he want to come here????? 

You act like the player isn't the one making the decision...

Well he might not be.

If someone offers 12m and we can only offer 6m, he probably won't have a choice.

While every defender tonight continued the casual passing and gifting opposition players chances Mings was a class above. Smart defender. I’ll be very honest in that I knew little about him before he came but he did well tonight. Long may that continue.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well he might not be.

If someone offers 12m and we can only offer 6m, he probably won't have a choice.

If the contract we signed with Bournemouth says we have already agreed to purchase him for a certain price, they have to honor that deal, regardless of what someone else bids....

But, whatever.  It's better to moan about something which is completely unrealistic.  

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

If the contract we signed with Bournemouth says we have already agreed to purchase him for a certain price, they have to honor that deal, regardless of what someone else bids....

The deal only says we get priority if we match what someone else bids.

If someone outbids us then the selling club will go with the higher bid and Mings doesn't get a choice.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The deal only says we get priority if we match what someone else bids.

If someone outbids us then the selling club will go with the higher bid and Mings doesn't get a choice.

Then why didn't we sign Mepham from Brentford in January?  We apparently bid more than Bournemouth did?  It's not like the player had a choice in the matter...

Also, what you're mentioning above is called a "First Refusal" clause, not an "Option to Buy" clause, which is what was reportedly what we agreed to with Bournemouth as part of the loan deal.  

• Like 1

I really want to see us build a back line with players that have the presence of Mings. I think we've been missing having a player like him in our defence. Big , Strong, decent pace, passes well, good in the air and after all the shit regarding last weekends tackle he turned in a fantastic performance tonight. He's a nasty b***ard too and we need a bit of that in the team. Me likes him! 

Edited by avfc1982am
typo
  • Like 2

Â