Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone else thinks this might actually already been a done deal, but structured and published as it is for FFP purposes?

No as I don't see how publishing it as a loan first and then announcing it as a permanent transfer in the summer would impact FFP at all. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like a good signing so far. Chester will have to work hard to get back in the team now! I think I'd stick with Elphick even with a fit Chester. 

I guess Mings and Elphick must be good mates even from the Bournemouth days. 

35 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Looks like a good signing so far. Chester will have to work hard to get back in the team now! I think I'd stick with Elphick even with a fit Chester. 

Would have Chester 4th choice behind Axel when he returns

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone else thinks this might actually already been a done deal, but structured and published as it is for FFP purposes?

I think it's a done deal, but the "matching" stuff just gives Bournemouth a loophole to back out of it if someone comes in in the summer and puts in a big bid.

if that doesn't happen I imagine he'll be a villa player in July

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you expand on the last bit of your post?

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

No as I don't see how publishing it as a loan first and then announcing it as a permanent transfer in the summer would impact FFP at all. 

The "Publishing" portion was obviously more meant as PR or for "Gentleman's agreement" purposes between the clubs is what I meant.

Making it officially a permanent in the summer I assume would help FFP as it would not affect current set of accounts I assume but I know nothing about finance etc.

Only one of two players who showed heart, passion, FIRE, certainly fire, he's a rough dawg on that pitch for me that is what we need because our lot are like the care bears.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thug said:

Really like this guy

And it helps he’s a nasty bastard too.

Id have him and Axel as the first choice pairing when axel is ready 

Yes he's deffo a nasty bastard, when I watched him tussle with the brentford lad he wasn't scared to show them who's boss on the pitch.

He seems to know the fine lines because again he got away with a few things where I thought officials may have a word.

They caught on to hourihane trip up and referee had a word. It makes me think are the officials scared to approach certain players, if so I'll have another bunch of Mings and a flash Gordon, though think that is our very own John Mcginn lol..

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Yes he's deffo a nasty bastard, when I watched him tussle with the brentford lad he wasn't scared to show them who's boss on the pitch.

He seems to know the fine lines because again he got away with a few things where I thought officials may have a word.

They caught on to hourihane trip up and referee had a word. It makes me think are the officials scared to approach certain players, if so I'll have another bunch of Mings and a flash Gordon, though think that is our very own John Mcginn lol..

He did say he joined Villa to work with Terry, refs never liked speaking to him

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s scary that behind McGinn, Grealish and Tammy, Mings has probably been the best of rest.. he’s only been here a few weeks

I think you are correct, don’t forget Kalinic too, he’s starting to look decent 

with things not currently working, and the full back situation what it is I'd be tempted to try a back 3.

We'd still have the wide issue, but can't really get much worse now can it. and it's not like we have anything to lose anymore.

Season is over anyway.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

He did say he joined Villa to work with Terry, refs never liked speaking to him

Which goes to show how domineering players have become on the field in the championship alone, he's not the only one who has the knack of a threatening presence.

Â