Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would you take him at Leicester? Think he fits what Rodgers likes and would be good competition for Johnny Evans seeing as Wes Morgan must be about 37 now! Obviously need more depth if champions league is going ahead next season.

I personally think he would do well at Leicester playing alongside Jonny Evans. He wouldn't be the main man and this would allow him to improve his game. I feel being the number one at Villa has worn him down this season.I said in another post that he would have benefitted from Cahill coming back for a season.

Wes Morgan is pretty much a cheer leader these days !!

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I personally think he would do well at Leicester playing alongside Jonny Evans. He wouldn't be the main man and this would allow him to improve his game. I feel being the number one at Villa has worn him down this season.I said in another post that he would have benefitted from Cahill coming back for a season.

Wes Morgan is pretty much a cheer leader these days !!

Soyuncu is miles better than Mings.

Arsenal interested in him according to David Ornstein from the athletic. I would want between thirty and forty million. Lets not undersell ourselves and let him go on the cheap like we have done with all our other better players over  the last ten years.

On this seasons showing, he's an average PL defender. I thought i'd be a lot more upset about him potentially leaving, but I'm really not. Grealish will be a massive loss and absolutely irreplaceable. Mings and McGinn, whilst brilliant at championship level, can be replaced if we come back up with similar quality (not sure at the same price, mind). 

2 hours ago, useless said:

Arsenal interested in him according to David Ornstein from the athletic. I would want between thirty and forty million. Lets not undersell ourselves and let him go on the cheap like we have done with all our other better players over  the last ten years.

He's an England international and cost us over £20m. For me, £30m would be selling him for less than he's worth. I see Arsenal are saying they might not be able to afford, what we would want. Pass me a violin someone 🎻!  

2 minutes ago, John said:

He's an England international and cost us over £20m. For me, £30m would be selling him for less than he's worth. I see Arsenal are saying they might not be able to afford, what we would want. Pass me a violin someone 🎻!  

Isn't there a relegation clause in his contract?

Yes £30m is a little on the cheap side, I'm probably getting sweeped along with the sudden hype of him not being very good, not long back people were going on about how much of a better player than Maguire he is who United paid £80m for. If people think we can get £25m for Luiz, then we should be able to get more than £30m for Mings.

His relegation clause is related to his wages, every player has one.

• Like 1

when he plays for England he passes the ball into midfield and for us he sends it high and long into space and it comes down with snow on it. This is despite the much improved Luiz showing for the ball in the last 2 games. McGinn would have been more effective if the ball was played into Luiz as he has found the half spaces in between the lines. 

32 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

when he plays for England he passes the ball into midfield and for us he sends it high and long into space and it comes down with snow on it. This is despite the much improved Luiz showing for the ball in the last 2 games. McGinn would have been more effective if the ball was played into Luiz as he has found the half spaces in between the lines. 

I cannot blame Mings for that, he's been playing dangerously possessive football all season and look where that has got us. Our midfield have been terrible under pressure and we end up giving the ball away in our own half instead of the opposition half.

If Luiz has learnt to play that role effectively during lockdown it might be worth a go, but none of our players were showing the ability to do this before hand

I could see mings at arsenal.

He wont stick around if we go down thats for sure. I think his popularity has dropped abit with villa fans as he has been pretty poor for a lot of the season.

Still rather keep him. We know him and McGinn are top class in championship.

A spine of Heaton-Mings-McGinn-Samatta puts up in a strong position for top 2 even with no Grealish. Then add others like Targett, Konsa and Hourihane who are all reasonably proven at that level.

Edited by VillaChris

Under normal circumstances Mings strikes me as the kind of player that might have stuck around to try and help us get promoted as a way of thanking us for helping to rescue his career, but with the Euro 2021 coming up I'm not sure. I don't think we can completely rule out the possibilty of him and McGinn staying though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Under normal circumstances Mings strikes me as the kind of player that might have stuck around to try and help us get promoted as a way of thanking us for helping to rescue his career, but with the Euro 2021 coming up I'm not sure. I don't think we can completely rule out the possibilty of him and McGinn staying though

I would say mings mcginn and grealish will 100% be off if we go down. But between them we can fetch close to 150m. So no ffp worries there

Edited by Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would say mings mcginn and grealish will 100% be off if we go down. But between them we can fetch close to 150m. So now worries there

We will not get near 150 million for them 3

It should be closer to £200m, £120m for Grealish, £40m for Mings, and £40m for McGinn, would have been more but for his injury; accept if we go down that we won't get full price.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We will not get near 150 million for them 3

Agreed not a chance in hell.

I'd like to keep hold of TM hopefully he has a high release price like 40mil should we go down, not a cat in hells chance someone will pay that. He's never going to be in the starting 11 for England but could be in the squad. He's a top bloke IMO and I can see him managing (and being good at it) in the future.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When you say nowhere near what di you think we will get for them?

Grealish alone will be 60m minimum

Grealish 60

Mings 20 million at most

McGinn 10-15 million 

Last 2 i am big fan of but havent really pulled up any trees in Premier League

Edited by Zatman

Â