Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

We have seen why Mings has been highly rated at times in his career but now we're seeing why when he should be in his prime, is playing for us. I cant see him getting another England cap that's for sure.

18 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

It's absolutely criminal how much time and space he gives greenwood to take that shot. Its a lovely strike but if he gets out to his man it's a simple block. Proper schoolboy level stuff 

It is a facet of Ming's defensive play that he always drops off to try and block a shot at goal rather than close down and try and stop the shot from travelling. He does it constantly when the ball is pinging around in our penalty area.

• Like 1

I'm really disappointed with Mings performances and am surprised at how bad he has got.

The goal today where he didn't bother closing the ball down is similar to a number of times we've conceded goals this season.

Does Terry or Smith not show Mings footage of where he is doing well (short clip) and where he is making mistakes?

Surely you have to learn from your mistakes and not repeat them otherwise you have no chance to improve.

• Like 1

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

Does Terry or Smith not show Mings footage of where he is doing well (short clip) and where he is making mistakes?

Surely any defender worth his salt woundnt need that particular mistake to be shown to him. Its either cowardly or brain dead. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Surely any defender worth his salt woundnt need that particular mistake to be shown to him. Its either cowardly or brain dead. 

No they shouldn't need too but FFS they should be on his case for not learning.

The whole coaching team "seem" too nice. and the team mirrors it.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

No they shouldn't need too but FFS they should be on his case for not learning.

Very true I can't make my mind up fully on whether the players are more at fault or the coaching staff. Probably both. 

The fact that Brentford have gone from strength to strength since Smith left doesn't look good for him. 

I'm very thankful we have nswe at the helm right now, they don't like making bad investment long term. 

(hope they don't cut the chord) 

• Thanks 1

He's always done that drop off thing and it's always bothered me.

It plays people onside and if the person can shoot properly you aren't going to be able to block it but he does it ALL the times. 

Very annoying.

25 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

This this this , we need an edge of nastiness that we are lacking and have been for years.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

This this this , we need an edge of nastiness that we are lacking and have been for years.

It comes from the top. Liverpool every season since the late 50's even when they have no right demand league titles. Those are the standards that need to be set. When Cortese sacked Adkins people were shocked but he bought in Pochetinno now he is the most wanted manager in world football. We lack ruthlessness. 

Mings needs to be more ruthless on the pitch. Greenwood should have gone home crying because Mings bullied him so bad. So badly needed Cahill or Another old head next to him.

Â