Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

glad to see even morons can’t wipe that near permanent smile off his face 

Looks a popular character with his manager and team mates , shirt could be his to lose now ? 

• Like 3

Granted Bulgaria aren't a good team, but still thought he played well and pinged some lovely passes.

Also a couple of runs that were really nice also, good performance, it was his to throw away and for me he did really well.

Can only play what's in front of you and for me did us and himself proud.

• Like 3

Loved seeing him take the ball from his own half past the striker, past 2 midfielders, driving in to their penalty area taking on the defender before it laying it off to rashford...who played a 40 yard pass back to chilwell

:lol:

Not sure I saw him do any actual defending but he looked composed and comfortable on the ball, not trying to pass for passings sake, actually thought Winks dropping to get the ball worked well too, easy game but the whole 5 + pickford looked good on the ball 

Edited by villa4europe

It's hard to judge his performance really and what Southgate might make of it. Bulgaria were so so very poor he wasn't really tested. 

He needs to play again against better opposition. 

Looking at the TV coverage of the incidents, it's clearly 100-200 connected people into the main who looked like some kind of neo-Nazi group. 

I don't think TV should be giving them the oxygen of publicity they have though.  Those kind of people will revel in it seeing it as a victory rather than be amabarassed and sheepish. 

Best to review the video footage with the police and try to identify the culprits who I am sure will be known to them anyway.  Just depends if you can trust the Bulgarian authorities to deal with it. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's hard to judge his performance really and what Southgate might make of it. Bulgaria were so so very poor he wasn't really tested. 

He needs to play again against better opposition. 

I think as an opener it's OK, the reality is in a 10 or 12 game qualifying round at best there may be somewhere between 1 to 4 hard games, the others you can expect north of 60% possession and lots of the touches for the CBs thanks to the opponents sitting deep

Tournaments aside and high profile friendlies England play more games like tonight than they do vs good teams

Saw something on twitter suggesting he'd made more successful passes after 30 minutes than Keane made vs the Czechs in 90

Its a different side to playing for England but still important 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

He's not just a very good player, but he's got a phenomenal attitude. That stuff is nearly priceless.

We couldn't have signed a better player for 20m. Or 50m for that matter. We're laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 2

Â