Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Mail so read it or don't but a nice write-up on Mings tonight

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7572819/Tyrone-Mings-stands-tall-face-racist-abuse-strong-England-debut.html

Tyrone Mings took a moment to reflect. Two hours before kick-off, with the Vasil Levski stadium deserted, he stood in the centre circle and surveyed the scene.

A few yards away, the rest of England’s squad were chatting and killing time, but Mings had his earphones in and wanted to gather his thoughts before the biggest night of his professional career, no doubt reflecting on a passage that had started in the humble surrounds of Yate Town.

Here he was – as England’s Twitter feed proudly declared – the 1244th man to win a senior cap. Mings has enjoyed an assured start to the campaign with Aston Villa – Gareth Southgate and Steve Holland have followed him closely – and the wonderful spin-off was here in Sofia.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 2

His performances was good. But he showed the leadership England have been lacking in defense. Ming calling out the racism is was leaders do. They call shit that's unacceptable, whether it's the performance of his teammates or racism.

Top class modern defender.

• Like 2

Stand up performance in every respect from a real man tonight.

Mings is the real deal, and his intelligence, maturity, drive and composure will stand him well in the game and for our club where he is adored. I get the feeling he will be with England for a long time, looked very at home and think he is now a starter, the shirt is now his.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

He's a big character. The hardest thing to do, is to stand up to a bully. He did that tonight. He didn't just silence the idiots with his football, he took a strong, dignified, no nonsense stance against racism. 

A performance that he can be proud of, and something a few of our fans need to take note of following the embarrassing Nakamba chants.

• Like 1

This is a bit bittersweet for me......happy for TM but a bit apprehensive now say he has a great season helping to just keep us up, puts in a good solid performance at the Euros?

The likes of Spurs 🤮 have there 2 starting CBs out of contract come the summer our 20m bargain is gone for 40m any team outside the top 2 would be improved by him.

Edited by zab6359

14 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

This is a bit bittersweet for me......happy for TM but a bit aprehensive now say he has a great season helping to just keep us up, puts in a good solid performance at the Euros?

The likes of Spurs 🤮 have there 2 starting CBs out of contract come the summer our 20m bargain is gone for 40m any team outside the top 2 would be improved by him.

We don't need to sell, so would only do so if he forced it (which i don't think he'd do) or we're offered silly money. £40m we'd laugh at. 

16 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

This is a bit bittersweet for me......happy for TM but a bit aprehensive now say he has a great season helping to just keep us up, puts in a good solid performance at the Euros?

He'll cost more than 40m.  If Maguire was 80m, his CB partner that outperformed him at the Euros (hypothetically speaking) will be around that much too. Especially if a Man Utd come calling. 

5 minutes ago, commander said:

We don't need to sell, so would only do so if he forced it (which i don't think he'd do) or we're offered silly money. £40m we'd laugh at. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He'll cost more than 40m.  If Maguire was 80m, his CB partner that outperformed him at the Euros (hypothetically speaking) will be around that much too. Especially if a Man Utd come calling. 

We'll see I suppose, if he helps us survive a season I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a team playing CL football for the right price.

Quite amusing Jumping back to page 1 of this thread. Only 8 months ago there were a few questioning paying a million to loan him for the rest of the season,  now he is pretty much our most expensive signing & playing for england. Strange how things work out sometimes

• Like 1

Â