Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 12/10/2019 at 09:59, AVFCDAN said:

You don’t change your centre backs during a match unless there is an injury, it’s just not the done thing. He either starts or won’t get a look in unfortunately, not sure he’s earned a spot just yet, if we take off our claret and blue specs but you have to say the alternatives aren’t exactly doing that well at the moment.

That's the problem isn't it, it's either the fact a player has to be injured or the Coach's/Manager's inability to make a tactical decision based on someone playing poorly that another player won't get a look in, it's poor. You can't earn a spot unless you get a start, the whole way a player earns his way is absoloute rubbish, it shouldn't be down to what a player I has played like in the past but what he's playing like in the present, which does not seem to be the case with our England manager.

We ourselves have seen BIG T defend goals similar to that more than a few times for Villa now, that to me something like that would of been easy for our goliath CB.

Tyrone more than deserves a start even if its because our current CB's are trash at the momemnt.

21 hours ago, TRO said:

Its fairly uncommon granted, but that pairing was poor last night....i thought keane was particularly poor.....and cost us.

centre backs have to show an element of aggression, Keane didn't.

Thats true abit of ruthless aggression was needed but it wasn't to be our pair of CB's looked like a couple of cats just found there perfect home at dairy factory.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah.

I'm jist a little surprised he sticks with Keane, well tbh I'm not Southgate seems to have his favourites or prefers players from certain teams etc.

He is very much like an old style manager who can't let go of his favs, or let new guys in unless something catastrophic happens to his ideal first eleven.

46 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Happy for him as clearly thats what he wants,  I just dont want him getting injured. We need him.

This. 

I'm always conflicted when it comes to England caps. Of course I'm happy for the player in question, and proud that a Villa player is given international recognition, but I care a whole lot more about Aston Villa than I do the national team. Not only are you worrying about injury, but also Representatives for Wellingborough filling their heads with shit. 

On the plus side, after all those "opinions" that we'd spent £20m on a donkey, one good game for England and you'd have to assume that his value will double. 

England lack a leader in defense and Mings is the only leader they in that department. 

Keane is not very good. Keane leaving Burnley reminds me of lovren leaving Southampton. Everyone thought he was the good one of the back 2 but it was the partner Van Dilk or in this case Tarkowski.

Saw some talk on Twitter, if he plays for England he'll become our record signing after activating one of those clauses in his transfer from Bournemouth. Hope he gets his chance and he takes it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hornso said:

Saw some talk on Twitter, if he plays for England he'll become our record signing after activating one of those clauses in his transfer from Bournemouth. Hope he gets his chance and he takes it.

He'll also be worth at least double or maybe triple his fee now if we were to ever sell him.

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

England lack a leader in defense and Mings is the only leader they in that department. 

Keane is not very good. Keane leaving Burnley reminds me of lovren leaving Southampton. Everyone thought he was the good one of the back 2 but it was the partner Van Dilk or in this case Tarkowski.

Not that I don't agree with your general point, but Lovren and Van Dijk never played together at Southampton.

• Thanks 1

Seen a report that Mings will replace Keane.

Wonder who will play where because isn't Maguire a left sided CD but right footed?, would be weird if Mings was playing on the CD right side??

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Maguire is nothing special really. My god is he overrated. Leicester seem to be doing alright without him.

Happy for Mings.

I think he’s England’s best centre back by quite some distance and he played a key role in our run to the 2018 World Cup semi finals

Â