Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

This account says £18.9m, rising to the £26m subject to various conditions.

How reliable the account is, no idea. You can see the additional note about Cahill, so that might go some way in confirming either way. The account also tweeted yesterday that the Mings deal was much closer than was widely thought, so who knows.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Jeeeeez.

Could anyone that disagrees with the £20mil valuation please answer the following question:

Once we sign him, how much would you sell him for if a bidder came in next week and what would you base your valuation on? 

Because I highly doubt you would sell for £12mil because he hasn't proven himslef in the PL yet.

Why in the world would you sell a newly bought player (or anything else) a week later at a £8m loss?

1 minute ago, sne said:

Why in the world would you sell a newly bought player (or anything else) a week later at a £8m loss?

I wouldn't, but I'm trying to show that there are various factors why the valuation might be based on things that are not as simple as how many games he played or which league he played them in as some posters suggested.

• Like 1

How much would you let McGinn go for considering he has had one decent season in the Championship??? Yep that right doom merchants. You miserable whinging slimeballs. You'd sell McGinn for at least 10 times what we paid for him. End of discussion!!!! 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Jeeeeez.

Could anyone that disagrees with the £20mil valuation please answer the following question:

Once we sign him, how much would you sell him for if a bidder came in next week and what would you base your valuation on? 

Because I highly doubt you would sell for £12mil because he hasn't proven himslef in the PL yet.

this makes absolutely no sense because i didn't sign him for £20m in the first place.

There's nothing anyone can do about the price whether they agree with it or not, so not sure what the point is in going on and on about it. Seems fans are more obssesed these days with money side of things, than the actual football. Makes no difference to us whether he cost 3p or £20m, to us those are just numbers on a screen or a paper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

this makes absolutely no sense because i didn't sign him for £20m in the first place.

Simple question - if Aston Villa sign him for £20mil tomorrow and there is a bidder coming in for him next week, how much do you value him at?

Why can no one that disagrees with £20mil valuation answer this question?

6 minutes ago, useless said:

There's nothing anyone can do about the price whether they agree with it or not, so not sure what the point is in going on and on about it. Seems fans are more obssesed these days with money side of things, than the actual football. Makes no difference to us whether he cost 3p or £20m, to us those are just numbers on a screen or a paper.

We can’t do much regarding team selections, or which players we should be buying or selling, or actually very little on the general running of the club, yet we often find ourselves discussing those things.

Just now, Mic09 said:

Simple question - if Aston Villa sign him for £20mil tomorrow and there is a bidder coming in for him next week, how much do you value him at?

Why can no one that disagrees with £20mil valuation answer this question?

what on earth is your point here? are you saying i'm wrong for me not wanting to take an instant loss on a player without him playing a game for the club when it wasn't even me who signed the player? what have i got to lose in that scenario?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

what on earth is your point here? are you saying i'm wrong for me not wanting to take an instant loss on a player without him playing a game for the club when it wasn't even me who signed the player? what have i got to lose in that scenario?

Ok, please answer two questions:

1. How much would you pay for Tyrone Mings?

2. If the next day a bidder came in for him, would you ask them for more money than we originally paid? If so, why?

2. If the next day a bidder came in for him, would you ask them for more money than we originally paid? If so, why?

To make profit?

£15m. Yes, I would ask for more because I want to make as much profit as possible. Not because I believe he's worth it, but because I want lots of money to buy more players with. 

Man Utd could pay £80m for Maguire and a few games into the season he could do his ACL or break a leg (hope he doesn't, by the way), who knows what can happen just around the corner? 

We could sign Mings for £25m and he play 90% of the games during the next 4 or 5 years, proving invaluable to us and that fee look a steal. 

We need a solid, reliable centre back who can lead what is going to be a whole new defence, for that stability I think we have to pay whatever it takes to get Mings in. 

Edited by villarocker

50 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I disagree, I think Terry was screaming at the scream, eyes bulging as he typed. 

My eyes, and pretty much everything else, bulge very very infrequently these days, and never when I am VT ing. 🙂

• Haha 1

So, if he’d been for sale in January at £20m, we don’t buy him....(he’s even less proven and even more of a risk than now)Our defence doesn’t improve. We finish 10th. That saving of £20m costs us hundreds of millions, ST sales slump, we sell Jack, and McGinn.

And look forward to playing Barnsley Blues and Luton.

Ah ! But he has injury issues ! Who needs a CB with injury issues ? Imagine paying £400,000 for a rejected alcoholic Centre Back when the record fee for anyone is only £2million..!! Oh sorry, bit of nostalgia creeping in.......

Then there was that Robbie Keane chap we decided was too expensive .......

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Â