Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think its down to interpretation.....but my understanding is the ones with 51% or more of the shares are in Charge, NSWE are a combined force by arrangement, so they trump Xia

That’s not correct mate.

Ive posted briefly on the thread re ownership

32 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

In my job I review businesses including Football Clubs (in fact I reviewed a Championship club last Friday), and reviewing the 'Control Persons', is separated between Ownership and Control.

Who owns the business, and who controls it.

Like we all think, Dr Xia controls nothing. From the outside, it very much looks like NSWE are the ones calling the shots now (and rightly so!), so I'd say Xia's control is all but completely gone. He's still an owner though.

I agree, it's probably down to interpretation, but in my job, at least, often a beneficial owner of a business will be considered as those individuals that own 25% or more of control or ownership. (Or in more 'high risk' sectors, who owns 10% or more). By that definition, at least, he's still one of the people in charge.

But, as we've both said, it's down to interpretation :D

I'm guessing his shareholding will get diluted down every year anyway, to the point that he's a minor shareholder that will be swept under the carper with his oversized suits and emoji tweets!

PS: MINGS IS KING :flag:

Lots I don’t agree with here but wrong thread. 🙂

• Like 1

Regarding the suggestion that we could have waited, is there absolutely no possibility that Bournemouth wanted to get this done quickly so they could use the money elsewhere? 

For all we know, we wanted to pay £15m, they wanted £25m, a compromise was reached with £20m and the add ons should the transfer be a success.

• Like 1

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Regarding the suggestion that we could have waited, is there absolutely no possibility that Bournemouth wanted to get this done quickly so they could use the money elsewhere? 

For all we know, we wanted to pay £15m, they wanted £25m, a compromise was reached with £20m and the add ons should the transfer be a success.

I think it was a simply case of he got extra holiday due to being with us in play offs and he probably said to them he wanted everything sorted once he was due back for pre season. Would imagine he was due back this week so everything got quickly sorted.

• Like 1

Said before and after the Playoff final that he was by a distance the most important player of the loan signings so I’m so pleased we’ve made it permanent. I think Bournemouth are absolutely mad to get rid of him but it seems that everything had gone sour there. 

It’s a lot of money but such a crucial position in such a crucial season for us. 

F**k the money, I'm ECSTATIC he's back. Can you really put a price on an already settled LEADER coming back into a depleted squad in a new league?

If we must pay a premium to give him a full pre-season instead of waiting until the final day of the window I'd say it's worth every penny.

Edited by AV82

Has anyone actually announced Mings yet, or even as is the way these days, has he asked to be announced?

This is all on the back of some Twitter report?  I think we are getting some premature e-speculation here.

OK missed the SSN bit, but still nothing is done until reported by the club though.

Edited by sidcow

Â