Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Totally devastated.

Mings did however cause part of the issue himself, yes it was a freak injury, but why tf are you trying to play the player when you have conceded 2 goals early in the game ? Just knock it out for a throw !! 

It's something mings used to do, get suckered into playing the player not the ball and it's rarely worked in his favour.

Fingers cross for him, he's probably bar doug, the most improved player in our squad since promotion and one of the most important players for spirit and organisation. Also one of my favourite players.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Genuinely more bothered about this than the result.

This is how i feel tbh.

I could take us losing 10 - 1 more than losing Mings.

He's vital to the way we play and our high line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

100%. He's one of the most important parts of the team. We have three players who don't have an understudy who can replace them properly, and it's him, Martinez and Watkins.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

You rarely see a player sobbing being stretchered off but that's what it looked like when watching it. Worst case he could be out for months, it's really sad for Mings, never mind anything else

Yes seemed like he knew it was as bad as the injuries he suffered earlier in his career and looked utterly devastated.  Such a massive shame for him and a blow for the whole club.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I didn't care about the football game at all the moment I saw him go down. I was just thinking that's enough. I've had enough of this sport now this is just a nightmare playing out. 

I just think this is a very serious injury that is multiple ligaments. I pray he can come back as he was.

I'm taking time out now. I've invested too much into Villa again in recent years and it's too much tbh. Impacts personal life in ways that isn't right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Season is totally derailed. He knows this league. Gutted.

You only have to look at the games won with him against the games lost

i’m **** devastated

• Like 2

Gutted for Mings. Only going off his reaction but it wouldn’t surprise me if we never seen him in a Villa shirt again. Might sound extreme but it will be the 2nd he’s done it and at his age it will tough to get back to anywhere near the level he was at. 

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

Gutted for Mings. Only going off his reaction but it wouldn’t surprise me if we never seen him in a Villa shirt again. Might sound extreme but it will be the 2nd he’s done it and at his age it will tough to get back to anywhere near the level he was at. 

Never read such rubbish, Mings doesn't quit , he will be back and that's for certain.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Easily replaceable apparently

Says who?

And this isnt the time to provw a point. The poor guys picked up a horrendous injury we will be lucky if he plays againt this season. 

Devastating 

Â