Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Before the WC, when Mings was dropped he gave the excuse that he knew what Mings could offer but wanted to see what the younger players could offer, like Guehi and Tomori 

Neither of those 2 made the WC and he picked Coady and recalled Dier. 

Before he was dropped, Mings was probably 3rd choice CB behind Stones and Maguire, in a back 4. He had an excellent Euros as well.  His dropping and continued absence is odd. 

The stats make zero sense, ty has a great clean sheet record for England, they drop him, have an absolutely garbage defence in 2022 literally record breakingly bad and the clown thinks the answer is go all the way back to Eric Dier

There's got to be something more to it, it can't be football

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Only makes me respect Ben White. 

"Gareth you've got to give me a chance I'm the most in form defender in the PL!"

"I know what you're saying Ben but Harry was good for us in 2018"

Honestly I haven't got a clue why he media aren't absolutely hammering him he gets such an easy ride 

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Before the WC, when Mings was dropped he gave the excuse that he knew what Mings could offer but wanted to see what the younger players could offer, like Guehi and Tomori 

Neither of those 2 made the WC and he picked Coady and recalled Dier. 

Before he was dropped, Mings was probably 3rd choice CB behind Stones and Maguire, in a back 4. He had an excellent Euros as well.  His dropping and continued absence is odd. 

I still think some of it is related to the twitter spat with Pritti Patel.  The government would have been all over the fa and we all know the fa is a no risk establishment 

• Like 2

i dont want to jinx it, but i dont think he has made a glaring error leading to a goal under Emery?, or at least, his errors seem much less under Emery?, its like he is playing much more composed, aware and intelligent recently.

I have criticised Mings at times before, but credit where its due, he has been a different animal the last 10 games or so.

He has really flourished under Emery, great to see, he is a rock for us at the moment, i think the left side of our defence (Mings/Moreno) looks great, where as the right side (Konsa/Cash) looks a little ropey.

Edited by MaVilla

Colossus today!

He just does everything we need a centre back to do, calm on the ball, willing to put his body on the line for the clean sheet, can carry the ball forward, wins balls in the air and leads the team. His form has been brilliant since the new year; and every week he makes Gerrard and Southgate both look more ridiculous.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

After losing Deano and Jack, I'm so glad this guy is still a key player here. 

Will never forget the part he had to play in the promotion season, culminating with him pulling up to the Bournemouth train station still wearing his full kit.

• Like 3

He got really excited with his chance yesterday, instead of setting himself and allowing the ball to come to him he charged at it and ended up cramping his own space for shooting. Once we got the second goal yesterday you could tell both centre backs could smell a goal, am I right in thinking none of our CB’s have scored this season? 

i'd have loved him to get that goal. pretty sure they sang "if mings can play for england so can i" at him last season so would've been great to stick it to them cause most of their fans still don't rate him

kamara has been immense and will probably win it, but mings definitely is in the player of the season discussion as things stand

19 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I still think some of it is related to the twitter spat with Pritti Patel.  The government would have been all over the fa and we all know the fa is a no risk establishment 

Yeah, 100% this. Look at how the Tories have been with the BBC in the last couple of weeks - they’d do exactly the same with the FA. Once he’d called out Patel he was always going to struggle to stay involved, sadly.

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Will never forget the part he had to play in the promotion season, culminating with him pulling up to the Bournemouth train station still wearing his full kit.

Agree, I know there is little room for emotion and eventually we will want to upgrade every position, but I think it’s important we still have him and McGinn from the promotion season. Steer in the squad as well I guess - are they the last ones?

Â