Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He needs to cut out the silly errors and distribute the ball better if he is going to keep his place next season. Clearly defence is an area of concern. 

Mings is not the problem with the defence. The fact that we have our 3rd choice CB alongside him is the problem, as Konsa is not suited to this style of football. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure if already posted but good stuff:

Unai Emery on Tyrone Mings 🗣️

“I am very happy with him. His commitment is great and his performances are great. He has played a lot of games and he is well suited to my ideas. When the club spoke to me about the possibility of extending his contract, of course I agreed.” ✅

By “well suited to my ideas” he means, his idea to make several VillaTalk posters spontaneously combust

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 23/02/2023 at 14:47, PaulC said:

He needs to cut out the silly errors and distribute the ball better if he is going to keep his place next season. Clearly defence is an area of concern. 

As good as he was yesterday, and he was very good. You are absolutely spot on in regards to the costly errors in his game. Without them errors, he would one of the best centre- half's around. 

I actually didn’t think he was great yesterday. I thought the whole back 4 really struggled playing out from the back and both Ty and Ezri were guilty of getting us into a bit of trouble on a few occasions.

He’s still a very important player for us though. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

As good as he was yesterday, and he was very good. You are absolutely spot on in regards to the costly errors in his game. Without them errors, he would one of the best centre- half's around. 

But does he make that many more than centre halves from other teams? Genuine question as I don't watch that much of other players apart from when we play them. I just think it may be a case of  'familiarity breeds contempt'.

All I know is we win more games with him in the team and leak less goals.

• Like 1

Mings is quality and is consistently under-rated. 

He's a fast, strong, tall, aggressive defender who can also play, as well as being a leader (and a top man). 

He does make errors but he brings so much. If he didn't make any errors he'd be an elite, title-winning international.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pongo's Socks said:

But does he make that many more than centre halves from other teams? Genuine question as I don't watch that much of other players apart from when we play them. I just think it may be a case of  'familiarity breeds contempt'.

All I know is we win more games with him in the team and leak less goals.

The problem is, the mistakes he makes are often very costly. I get that he's a cult figure, and there certainly is a lot to like about him, but the facts speak for themselves, when it comes to making errors, his become very much under the spotlight. 

Â