Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Probably the most popular player in the squad amongst the fans. Not necessarily because he's our best player, he isn't, but because of the journey he's been on with us and his inspiring personality on and off the pitch.

I'm really pleased for Mings and hope he stays a part of the squad for the next 2-3 years, his presence is obvious, he's super intelligent, one of the nicest guys out there despite idiot fans of other teams thinking the opposite, and right now with Carlos injured he's our best CB and we need him back tomorrow. Most of the time he is a rock at the back, it's just unfortunate that on occasion he has a howler of a game like against Leicester a couple of weeks ago. I still think he was unlucky not to go to Qatar in November wen players like Coady and Dier got selected.

Nevertheless, I do think some will be disappointed come next season as I imagine that Carlos will play LCB and we will sign a new RCB to replace Konsa. I see Konsa and Mings being squad players next season rather than first choice, and the club will be better off for it IMO. Konsa and Mings won't be able to play out from the back like Emery wants so a CB will definitely be on our summer transfer shopping list. They will still be a key part of the squad and likely key to any success we have in the domestic cup competitions, and I think they will still play quite a few times in the league especially with the 5 subs rule. We will sell Hause and Chambers. 

• Like 1

Excellent news. Currently our best defender by some distance right now. Carlos may shine next season and show his worth but we’d have been foolish not to secure Mings on a longer deal.

Yes he has a mistake in him but I still maintain that there aren’t many better left sided CB’s in this league right now, certainly not english. It’s madness that he doesn’t have more international caps.

31 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Easy to forget where we were before he joined. It’s been some journey.

I think people forget how integral he was to our promotion and survival. 

Great news on his extension. I don't get how you can't like the guy.

• Like 1

Big fan of Big Ty. We're better with him in the side, that's clear. Yes, he has lapses in concentration and is error prone but he has many strengths and it just doesn't ever feel right when he's not playing. Konsa is better with him too. 

Seeing him at another club would be like seeing your missus with another fella. Doesn't feel right. He's ours. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think people forget how integral he was to our promotion and survival

I think people forget just how good a defender he is, next season him and DC are a perfect combination!  

He is up there with the best in the league. And he should wear the armband!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

People talk about having to be long servants like Gabby to be considered Villa through and through. But for me, Mings is 'Mr Villa' and represents everything that we would want to see. Professionalism, leadership, ability, commitment, supporting the community and 'getting' what the club is all about. Really happy to see him get an contract extension. 

Completely agree with this.  He's a good enough defender, but his all-round contribution to "being Villa" is absolutely huge.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think people forget how integral he was to our promotion and survival. 

I think you're confused. Most Villa fans love the guy, it's the opposition fans who don't like/rate him.

I loved both but Mings is actually more of a Villa legend than Laursen or Mellberg, just needs a trophy to top it off(they were probably better players)

The inbreds on Talksport will be fuming and it still leaves a bitter taste the club let them get away with character defamation they tried to paint about Mings last summer

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I think you're confused. Most Villa fans love the guy, it's the opposition fans who don't like/rate him.

There is nothing not to 'like' about him as a person, but I wonder if we'd rate him so highly if he played for Crystal Palace.

But I like him as a player - a good, solid CB. 

just to add, only he and mcginn were part of that epic 10 game winning run plus the playoffs who are still getting games for us. i love that there's still a small part of that team that are still here

i guess hause, steer and jedinak are still around but 2 are no longer 1st teamers and another is a youth coach

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

There is nothing not to 'like' about him as a person, but I wonder if we'd rate him so highly if he played for Crystal Palace.

But I like him as a player - a good, solid CB. 

possibly not but that's because we wouldn't be watching him every week. look at how many people thought jack was overrated.

talking of palace, i think zaha is overrated mainly because he's been fairly average in the few games of his i've seen. i'd bet my bottom dollar that palace fans would disagree with me

that being said, i think there's a bit of a cult dislike towards mings from non-villa fans. look at the chants from leeds fans earlier this season. look at the reaction to the new contract from non villa fans on social media. look at the reaction from non villa fans when he gets called up for england. danny mills' "he's rubbish" comment on talkshite. these people don't watch his games and therefore just regurgitate the same opinion on him based on nothing at all, when the truth is there's very few teams in this league that he doesn't walk into the starting 11 of...and that includes members of the scum 6.

Â