Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, TRO said:

When you are the only outfield player above 6 foot.....The only one......it leaves a lot to do, in the air, particularly at set pieces.

why don't we go the whole hog, and have 5'10 goal Keeper?

Konsa, 1.83m (6'0), Chambers 1.84m (6'1), Carlos 1.86m (6'1), Cash 1.86m (6'1), Kamara 1.86m (6'1), Dendonker 1.88m (6'2), Duran 1.85m (6'1)

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Europe is fantasy land for this present team.

It wasn't a fantasy 2 games ago. In that time we have played a resurgent Leicester, the current PL champions and are due to play the league leaders next. Yes we will lose ground temporarily but can make it up from the remaining games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

When you are the only outfield player above 6 foot.....The only one......it leaves a lot to do, in the air, particularly at set pieces.

why don't we go the whole hog, and have 5'10 goal Keeper?

Konsa - 5”6”

Cash - 5’ 4”

Digne - 5’4”

Moreno - 5” 5”

Young - 5”2”

Luiz - 5’ 3”

SJM 4’ 9”

Just as  comparison Elphic 3’ 11”

I know that we may not be the tallest team and agree we lack aggression but I think physicality is as much in the head as the actual size of a player. Tyrone Mings may be the biggest outfield player we have but the rest aren’t physically midgets. I know it’s a bug-bare of yours but the rest are mostly big enough if they sort the mentality out.

Coaching will bring some mentality improvements but some of our problems in that respect will need fixing with the chequebook. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Is he expected back on Saturday?  Guaranteed defeat if not.

Not necessarily but it would definitely improve our chances to have him back. Nketiah isn't a bad player but he's not Haaland/Alvarez, so he's not going to be bullied. I think coming up against someone like Odegaard is more his bag. 

6 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Konsa, 1.83m (6'0), Chambers 1.84m (6'1), Carlos 1.86m (6'1), Cash 1.86m (6'1), Kamara 1.86m (6'1), Dendonker 1.88m (6'2), Duran 1.85m (6'1)

• Konsa 6'0 not above.
  • Chambers 6'0 not above.
  • Carlos.......played 2 games, its hardly enough, for this debate.
  • Cash.......puny doesn't look 6.0 to me.
  • Kamara....6'0 not above
  • Dendonker, not a first team regular.
  • Duran ......just arrived.

In terms of our trend over several seasons, its hardly a sound claim to argue.

Man city had on Saturday

Rodigo....6'3......Haaland 6'4/5.....Diaz.....6'1......Laporte 6'3

all poised for that corner, we had no chance with them in the air.

sure its not just about height, but its a bloomin big advantage with aerial balls.

6 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Konsa - 5”6”

Cash - 5’ 4”

Digne - 5’4”

Moreno - 5” 5”

Young - 5”2”

Luiz - 5’ 3”

SJM 4’ 9”

Just as  comparison Elphic 3’ 11”

I know that we may not be the tallest team and agree we lack aggression but I think physicality is as much in the head as the actual size of a player. Tyrone Mings may be the biggest outfield player we have but the rest aren’t physically midgets. I know it’s a bug-bare of yours but the rest are mostly big enough if they sort the mentality out.

Coaching will bring some mentality improvements but some of our problems in that respect will need fixing with the chequebook. 

It is a bug bear of mine Dave.....and many other Villa Fans I talk to, too.....judging by the podcasts after the game, it their views too.

I can agree, its not just about height, but equally it does play a big part......I can cite Giles and Bremner as a force in midfield for the great Leeds team, (to see your point), but what they lacked in height , they made up for in tenacity and desire......but Jack Charlton and Paul Madeley provided the height, in that team.

I think you know what, I am getting at, you only have to watch the games.....That first half was insipid and puny.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I remember someone on here saying Jack was actually 6'/6'1 in real life despite what he's listed as online which I found unbelievable. Maybe they have weird proportions.

"met" alan hutton when i ran on to the pitch like a fan girl during a pre season vs stourport (beer and sunshine had absolutely nothing to do with it...) im 6ft 0.5 and he was bigger than me, shocked me, never looked that tall on tv, stocky too

• Like 1

Â