Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Steven Gerrard - sucked the soul out of the club, destroyed player belief, and part of their international careers. What a guy.

Sucking the “soul” out of the club? Whoa. Easy, fella. It was just an incompetent, well-meaning manager from Liverpool, not the Bluenose Antichrist Bitch Goddess.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

More likely to be the Newcastle defeat tbh

Whereas Maguires 3 whole appearances have been stellar. Southgate is almost as clueless as Gerrard. 

Edited by vreitti

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Whereas Maguires 3 whole appearances have been stellar. Southgate is almost as clueless as Gerrard. 

I wasn't justifying Southgate's thought processes, but he was at that game I think? And we conceded 4 goals. FWIW I can't remember Mings being particularly at fault for any of them...

• Like 1

Anyway, the good news is Mings now knows a move to a Big 6 side will guarantee him an England place, regardless of how he performs.

The depressing reality of life as a Villa fan. I like to think Mings doesn't think that way (and that Southgate will be sacked soon, anyway) but he must be gutted to miss out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I wasn't justifying Southgate's thought processes, but he was at that game I think? And we conceded 4 goals. FWIW I can't remember Mings being particularly at fault for any of them...

Maybe so, but surely he isn't basing these decisions on singular games. Gutted for Mings obviously, but not too bothered otherwise. He'll get back into the England setup once Southgate is sacked.

• Like 1

I think something has gone on between Southgate and Mings. Can be no other explanation. Maybe Mings did refuse to play in Qatar?

He was dropped because Southgate apparently wanted to see how the younger players did and he referenced Tomori and Guehi. Both of those failed to make the squad, but he recalled Dier and still picked Coady. 

Or Southgate is a lying incompetent clearing in the woods. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think something has gone on between Southgate and Mings. Can be no other explanation. Maybe Mings did refuse to play in Qatar?

He was dropped because Southgate apparently wanted to see how the younger players did and he referenced Tomori and Guehi. Both of those failed to make the squad, but he recalled Dier and still picked Coady. 

Or Southgate is a lying incompetent clearing in the woods. 

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. It may have happened but he’s still a complete fu***** moron regardless. He’s clueless.

He’s the luckiest man alive to have the job he does. He better hope he keeps hold of it too, because he isn’t going to have any sort of domestic career as a manager afterwards. He’ll pick up a job somewhere but he’ll inevitably get fired from that too. 

As many of you know, I've been often critical of Mings and is tendency for costly errors, but in regards to the England squad and the notion that players are judged by their club form when it comes to being picked, then in no way should Maguire be going to Qutar instead of Tyrone, absolutely no way. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

I'm only here to reiterate my severe dislike for Southgate as England Manager. Ty has certainly been harshly treated compared to Teflon Maguire. On a positive note I'm confident Southgate will be gone after this World Cup and won't have to moan about him anymore! (Good to see Ben White included though).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Slightly unlucky slip there, but that one will go in the Mings Mistake Boring Twitter Banter collection

Well he had to make up for Maguire's pathetic position and treacle running for the Watkins goal. Got to keep Gareth looking good... for the King's sake.

Â