Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't buy into to these football conspiracy theories but the way things have unfolded this wouldn't surprise me. 

If it was any other player who was ‘ill’, I’d believe it but given the issues between Gerrard and Mings so far already, Mings being suddenly unavailable to unspecified illness does raise an eyebrow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

If it was any other player who was ‘ill’, I’d believe it but given the issues between Gerrard and Mings so far already, Mings being suddenly unavailable to unspecified illness does raise an eyebrow. 

In fairness I am surprised Gerrarse hasnt said Buendia was ill just to not play him

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Correlation isn't causation.

I can't see Mings keeping quiet if his illness was faked by Gerrard. Nor can I see Mings willingly missing a game and using that as an excuse.

I reckon he was really, actually, factually unwell.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I can't see Mings keeping quiet if his illness was faked by Gerrard. Nor can I see Mings willingly missing a game and using that as an excuse.

If he was, then Gerrard probably voodood him.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

can't see Mings keeping quiet if his illness was faked by Gerrard. Nor can I see Mings willingly missing a game and using that as an excuse.

I mean. I've no idea whether he was or wasn't ill, but the guy is a professional (as witnessed at the time of his defenestration), I don't think he'd say anything. 

15 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Equally, could you see Mings coming out and saying there was a bust up before the game and that's why he didn't play?

No, i'd see him choosing the most civilised route which doesn't ham the club.

• Like 1

If there is any truth in the Gerrard V Tyrone bust up why would TM agree to any move when the manager would be gone in a month.

Also Gerrard isn’t going to sell our best CB leaving us with just two fit CBs or even three if we sign a n other

He’s a stand up human being, a decent footballer, a great stopper and tower of a man but we need better to improve. Let’s not allow the drama vs Gerrard as a reason to start eulogising about Mings and forgetting the issues that had existed for long before Gerrard arrived.

I think he is a good club man however I think a lot of the players look up to him as he is braun and brains, plus he is second longest serving player and the link to our ascent out of the Championship years. But I also think there may be a whiff of Gabby/Collins/Dunne about this moment.

Wouldnt surprise me if he left in this window if we could land a bigger name.

• Like 1

Â