Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The problem now with the whole Mings v Souness thing, is when Mings messes up, Souness will be all over it. 

He'd have been better off ignoring Souness.

I said before I don’t get the point of responding. Maybe didn’t word it so well though.

It’s just pointless playground shit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Lot of talk here about Souness.

Doesn't matter if you agree with him or not - he's done exactly what he is paid to do: Provoke controversy to get clicks/eyes/numbers and justify his job.

Thankfully, our former captain is above all that.

Would have been even more above it if he just ignored it in my opinion.  But either way it’s minor. Main thing is he continues to perform on the pitch. 

Tbh I haven’t even read Souness’s article but I’d take it as a compliment if he singled me out. 

edit: just read it. Sounds like Mings has said something a while back that wound him up and he hasn’t got over it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

The replies on twitter to that Laura Woods videos really sums up why you shouldnt engage with morons on social media.

Full of "oh so you cant call him a crap footballer cos he's a nice guy" nonsense.

So clear that despite Laura Woods' clear, concise and fair speech, they either did not listen or understand what she or Souness actually said.

its bizarre and i cant tell if its wilful ignorance, trolling, or if they are just plain stupid

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

its bizarre and i cant tell if its wilful ignorance, trolling, or if they are just plain stupid

All 3 probably. It's just how it works. There may well be a maturation in the same way as YouTube comments are now worth reading, but it seems a very long way off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

What do you do for a living, and why are you talking about stuff outside your job? Shouldn’t you concentrate on your occupation?

Or is it actually fine for people to talk about things that matter to them? Which is all Tyrone has done

I'm not talking to the media. I'm not talking to an audience of millions. I'm not considered influential. Apart from yourself, nobody is likely to give a damn what I say. 

Slight difference I think !!!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I said before I don’t get the point of responding. Maybe didn’t word it so well though.

It’s just pointless playground shit.

Why respond?

First, to be absolutely clear, not accusing you of anything at all.

Souness seems to have a problem with people being even somewhat outspoken on certain issues.Tyrone having “a hell of a lot to say” when he’s asked about things in interviews he has to do as part of his contract as a footballer is a huge stretch. Outside of that, he goes about his life and tweets occasionally to people who want to follow him. It’s bizarre that he’s decided to comment on Tyrone the way he has.

It sounds a hell of a lot like he’s accusing him of being ‘uppity’. Stay in your lane, don’t get ideas above your station, what are you so proud of? There’s big racial connotations to that word, which is partly why people have suspicions when he picks agendas against certain types of player.

If someone makes lazy, uniformed and possibly suspect accusations towards you in the media, publicly, by choice and without provocation, it’s pretty natural to want to respond in your own space. Tweeting to his fans that he’s both aware of the comments and is letting it roll off his back is pretty much the perfect response to the shit Souness has been spouting.

edit; also, as is his right, he can deal with it however the **** he wants!

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Souness is an oxygen thief scraping a gutter press living with controversial outbursts but I do agree that Mings does talk too much, often on matters outside of football. Wish he would concentrate on his game rather than trying to become a poor man's Rashford and risk what has happened to Rashford.  

Rashford’s game has nothing to do with what he does outside of his job, he was just never that brilliant in the first place as it happens with 99% of every cycle of young English potential superstars. You think he was skipping training to throw burgers over school gates or mentally writing letters to the government while Solskjaer was trying to teach him the intricacies of pressing triggers?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

The replies on twitter to that Laura Woods videos really sums up why you shouldnt engage with morons on social media.

Full of "oh so you cant call him a crap footballer cos he's a nice guy" nonsense.

So clear that despite Laura Woods' clear, concise and fair speech, they either did not listen or understand what she or Souness actually said.

None of this is about his footballing ability though lol.

People have been trolling him as a footballer for ages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Souness is an oxygen thief scraping a gutter press living with controversial outbursts but I do agree that Mings does talk too much, often on matters outside of football. Wish he would concentrate on his game rather than trying to become a poor man's Rashford and risk what has happened to Rashford.  

that's a lot of words when you could've just said "stick to football, tyrone"

i hate this mentality that footballers shouldn't use their platforms to speak out about key social issues. we're quick to slam them when they're behaving like dickheads in vegas because they should set a good example but when they do good they "talk too much"

i don't know what has happened to rashford but it's probably down to the laughing stock of the club that he plays for.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Why respond?

First, to be absolutely clear, not accusing you of anything at all.

Souness seems to have a problem with people being even somewhat outspoken on certain issues.Tyrone having “a hell of a lot to say” when he’s asked about things in interviews he has to do as part of his contract as a footballer is a huge stretch. Outside of that, he goes about his life and tweets occasionally to people who want to follow him. It’s bizarre that he’s decided to comment on Tyrone the way he has.

It sounds a hell of a lot like he’s accusing him of being ‘uppity’. Stay in your lane, don’t get ideas above your station, what are you so proud of? There’s big racial connotations to that word, which is partly why people have suspicions when he picks agendas against certain types of player.

If someone makes lazy, uniformed and possibly suspect accusations towards you in the media, publicly, by choice and without provocation, it’s pretty natural to want to respond in your own space. Tweeting to his fans that he’s both aware of the comments and is letting it roll off his back is pretty much the perfect response to the shit Souness has been spouting.

edit; also, as is his right, he can deal with it however the **** he wants!

Fair enough.  I personally think you respond to shit like that publicly you are just dropping down to the persons level. Sourness isn’t worth engaging with. 

I think Sourness just has a problem in general, as a player he was slightly off and aggressive. It is in his nature.

Also he has a problem with they way people talk, you know people who are eloquent and speak English better than he does. I actually genuinely believe this; it is often a thing with some when they hear an eloquent, well-mannered voice.

Another thing is Sourness is often quick to put the boot in to the English game, players and the international team. It is probably lost on him that he has happy to have taken English money most of his working life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Nah using your platform to speak about issues in society is never a bad thing.   It’s the engaging with idiots I’m not a fan of. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think Sourness just has a problem in general, as a player he was slightly off and aggressive. It is in his nature.

Also he has a problem with they way people talk, you know people who are eloquent and speak English better than he does. I actually genuinely believe this; it is often a thing with some when they hear an eloquent, well-mannered voice.

Another thing is Sourness is often quick to put the boot in to the English game, players and the international team. It is probably lost on him that he has happy to have taken English money most of his working life.

It's like the kids in school who mock people for being " smart " lol

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

None of this is about his footballing ability though lol.

People have been trolling him as a footballer for ages.

precisely. and woods made clear that she was taking exception to Souness's criticism of him as a person, she wasnt defending him as a footballer. but idiots still made it about the football side of things

I think the debate is getting confusing.

Tyrone seems to me to be a very caring man, who does what he can to help people....and that is very Noble....but that is not what the debate is about.

What he does on the pitch is quite a different debate and the 2 should be kept seperate IMV.

Tyrone has worked hard on his game, from a Youth, and has done well to secure an International place...He is more than a decent player.

However, as has been documented well on here.....He is liable to make, crucial mistakes....I think that is widely accepted, within the fanbase.

I say, so do other players, who's mistakes are less documented, for some reason.

I think right now, he is the tallest outfield player, in a somewhat modestly statured team, so he is called upon, much of the time for high balls.

I am clear in my mind, our team is better, when he is in it, despite his ricks.His presence is paramount for me.

I just think the debate needs to stay on the rails....its his work on the pitch, that should be discussed.....and for me a very decent Centre back.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TRO said:I am clear in my mind, our team is better, when he is in it, despite his ricks.His presence is paramount for me.

I just think the debate needs to stay on the rails....its his work on the pitch, that should be discussed.....and for me a very decent Centre back.

So well said! Thanks for that. I do think he possesses leadership qualities, too, that connect his on- and off-pitch selves. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah using your platform to speak about issues in society is never a bad thing.   It’s the engaging with idiots I’m not a fan of. 

I'd say he doesn't engage with the idiots on the whole, just the high-profile ones who get national attention - see Patel, Souness et al.

• Like 2

Â