Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’ll cost you 5/6 goals in a season

According to the stats he's made one mistake leading directly to a goal this season, made one last season, and two the season we came up.

The "leading directly to a goal" part is doing some heavy lifting there, but it suggests other players could have intervened between his errors and the ball ending up in the net. Tonight was an example of that, TBH.

• Thanks 2

At one point today Emi passed it out from the back to him. He had passes on to Digne and risky ones infield and a good old hoof option . He turned in his own box onto his weaker side nearly got tackled and put it out for a throw.  Berating Emi for some reason.

He needs Chambers and he ain't the captain of a side that's getting into those top places.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

According to the stats he's made one mistake leading directly to a goal this season, made one last season, and two the season we came up.

The "leading directly to a goal" part is doing some heavy lifting there, but it suggests other players could have intervened between his errors and the ball ending up in the net. Tonight was an example of that, TBH.

Obvious one was Chelsea away when he underhit the backpass. Did same v Fulham last season. Also v Leeds at home he miskicked straight to whoever scored their third.

He's been pretty solid last few months but just one of those CBs who'll always have an error lurking in him if seriously tested.

For where we are in the league he's fine and we do miss his vocal presence when he isn't there so not sure we'll replace him just yet when midfield is bigger priority. 

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

At one point today Emi passed it out from the back to him. He had passes on to Digne and risky ones infield and a good old hoof option . He turned in his own box onto his weaker side nearly got tackled and put it out for a throw.  Berating Emi for some reason.

He needs Chambers and he ain't the captain of a side that's getting into those top places.

Pretty sure this was more from Konsa not showing enough bravery with his passing, going back to Martinez and allowing the options to close off. 

It didn't look great from Mings but I think the situation was caused by others. 

• Like 2

i agree with the general sentiment that we need Mings and a new right CB to play alongside him.

Konsa simply isnt good enough, where i think with a new partner, who is actually good, coupled with the new DM, it would raise Mings' game and would transform the team in general.

i would personally go in to next season with mings, a new DC, Hause & Chambers.

I would sell Konsa, i think he's shown this season just how limited he is.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

because he didnt want that ball, he wasnt wide enough for a pass to play it out, emi should have launched it, mings also then should have launched it first time but that was overplaying there was nothing on

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

one thing i will say - 

Slow-mo-of-foul-on-Konsa-Imgur

look how quick he reacts to his mistake and gets back in to the game, nakamba stops

would be interesting if martinez's (great) save inadvertently stops mings from clearing it

annoyingly that seems to be the case

8 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Always got a mistake in him that's the problem at this level it costs you bigtime on his day a good defender,  but CB is a problem for us.

i think this is where many disagree. he doesn't 'always' have a mistake in him. it's not just 'on his day', it's most days that he's a good (great) defender. last 3 games in particular before last night he's been excellent.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

one thing i will say - 

Slow-mo-of-foul-on-Konsa-Imgur

look how quick he reacts to his mistake and gets back in to the game, nakamba stops

would be interesting if martinez's (great) save inadvertently stops mings from clearing it

That isn’t mentioned enough - Ty was really unlucky as the ball got stuck in his feet when trying to clear. It was just unfortunate and he recovered well

He's served us really well and is a great leader but if we are being brutally honest we probably need someone less error prone if we are to bridge the gap to the top teams.

Would keep Mings for at least one more season and sell Hause before him, but over next season or 2 wouldn't be a bad idea to look at bringing in 2 starting CBs as well as a starting DM.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Always got a mistake in him that's the problem at this level it costs you bigtime on his day a good defender,  but CB is a problem for us.

Every defender has a mistake in them. Such a meaningless cliche.

• Like 3

Mings is only one we single out when a mistake leads to a goal. The team have had lots of errors that have lead to goals as a whole. Martinez, Konsa (a lot), Mings, Luiz (a lot), Sanson, McGinn etc.. 

The problem is when the 6 or either CB make an error it often leads to a high quality chance for the opposition. Mings with a new CB and new CDM to play with will be a big improvement to the team

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Mings is only one we single out when a mistake leads to a goal. The team have had lots of errors that have lead to goals as a whole. Martinez, Konsa (a lot), Mings, Luiz (a lot), Sanson, McGinn etc.. 

The problem is when the 6 or either CB make an error it often leads to a high quality chance for the opposition. Mings with a new CB and new CDM to play with will be a big improvement to the team

I’m convinced that a strong holding midfielder and a higher calibre CB will help Mings immensely - a lot of his mistakes are from him trying to do too much. Mistakes are a collective problem; singling Ty out is a dull cliche at this point. 

• Like 1

Â