Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It's twitter, what do you expect? 

Maybe he's already spoken to Smith, about it. Or maybe he's processed his feelings because it's been 2 hours or so. 

I expect that a very articulate man is able to convey his feelings so, if it sounds luke warm it because he wants it to, which has surprised me if I’m honest.

18 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t know. 

Players receive criticism when they apologise for a bad performance (I was reading some earlier today in the “Other Football” section). There’s a sense of them going over the top in the grovelling for forgiveness that people don’t like. Too much emotion.

And now Tyrone doesn’t sound sad enough in his tweet about his former boss. Not enough emotion.

It’s professional and courteous. That’s sufficient.

I think this is a case of two very different sets of fans making these alternative comments.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think this is a case of two very different sets of fans making these alternative comments.

Yeah you can’t please everyone. It’s not like I’ve seen a particular poster say in the Man Utd thread “Maguire needs to play better, not apologise all the time via Twitter” and then the same poster come here and suggest Mings sounds distant. 

But obviously someone will provide a critique to a tweet regardless of what has been written.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

My take is that Mings genuinely has enormous respect, gratitude and affection for Smith, but was also stung by being dropped. It’s okay to have conflicting emotions about something.

And he’s a professional who now needs to focus on performing for the new coach.

Nor sure what people expect him to say? Throw himself out of a window with Deano 4ever carved into his chest?

One positive to take from this is that some on here have dropped the mask and let their true agenda show. 

2 minutes ago, MCU said:

Still blows my mind how he’s got in the England squad ahead of Ben White, and that’s saying something…

Have you watched White play?  One of the worst headers of the ball for his position in the PL. Which last I checked is a critical skill for a CB. 

28 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Can't tell if people are being serious or not. We aren't really trying to parse 240 characters to determine how Mings feels about the sacking. 

People get shipped off in a moments notice in his business. Are we to expect him to act like his granny died. 

My guess is he has mixed feelings like most on here. 

I bet he was wearing his Beckenbauer replica top and chewing gum when he tweeted it.🙄

Edited by Derryvillan
Schpelling
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

I bet he was wearing his Beckenbauer replica top and chewing gum when he tweeted it.🙄

I honestly didn't even know it was a thing for people.  I love chewing gum, at work, playing pickup, working out.... Have i really been going around just pissing people off 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

My take is that Mings genuinely has enormous respect, gratitude and affection for Smith, but was also stung by being dropped. It’s okay to have conflicting emotions about something.

And he’s a professional who now needs to focus on performing for the new coach.

Nor sure what people expect him to say? Throw himself out of a window with Deano 4ever carved into his chest?

We also have zero clue as to what was said behind closed doors so who really cares what he posted on Twitter. Maybe some on this board just wanted him to be more eloquent and emoji-filled like their preferred captain: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I honestly didn't even know it was a thing for people.  I love chewing gum, at work, playing pickup, working out.... Have i really been going around just pissing people off 😂

It really winds some people up 🤣.

A couple of people I watch games with, always comment on it.

" Why is this prick always chewing gum ffs ".

It's the last thing I'm usually focused on during a game. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

We also have zero clue as to what was said behind closed doors so who really cares what he posted on Twitter. Maybe some on this board just wanted him to be more eloquent and emoji-filled like their preferred captain: 

Yeah, you will assume they will have all said their goodbyes and exchanged their feeling in person.

I'm sure the likes of Konsa and Ollie are very close with him.

I remember him joking that people would give him and say he is Ollie's dad etc.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just wondering if the fall out was true. We know he wasn't on best terms with Smith, being dropped, playing poorly.

Sometimes it's never expected every player to thank the manager.

Maybe he was having a dump and didn’t have his phone with him at the exact moment the news broke?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Mings could have posted a video of him bawling his eyes out and the same people would have a problem with it.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It really winds some people up 🤣.

A couple of people I watch games with, always comment on it.

" Why is this prick always chewing gum ffs ".

It's the last thing I'm usually focused on during a game. Lol

Isn't it slow caffeine releasing gum anyway?

• Haha 1

Â