Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

At the end of the day Mings was caught flat footed in the first 5 minutes when he let Saha get away from him and was rescued by Martinez. 

He completely miskicked a clearance and was lucky it went out for a corner, both these errors before the first booking. 

He is a player who always has an error in him. 

We've had some awful central defenders the last few years and he's way way better than we've had in a long time, but he will always make errors. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Nah, he makes sure he catches Zaha but it's nothing to do with the motion of his foot going 'forcefully downwards'.

They were winding each other up at every opportunity.  If you look at the whole thing, Mings gives Zaha a nudge, Zaha then turns around and pushes Mings in his chest, turns around and immediately bundles into McGinn.  Mings then makes sure he bundles into Zaha.  The footing looks worse IMO as he's avoiding McGinn, but he's not trying to stamp or rake Zaha at all - it's a petulant kick out and the yellow card for both of them was correct.

The second yellow for Mings was also correct, though I do think it was a foul by Zaha first.

Yeah I'm not saying he did it on purpose. I can definitely see the footing angle and that's what I initially thought. But you can easily see how someone might think it was deliberate, not least Zaha himself. People are saying nothing happened which just over true.

Not sure he got the first yellow for the kick as I don't think the ref even caught that. He really just handed out 2 yellows because there was a fight. Then inexplicably have a free kick the other way.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah I'm not saying he did it on purpose. I can definitely see the footing angle and that's what I initially thought. But you can easily see how someone might think it was deliberate, not least Zaha himself. People are saying nothing happened which just over true.

Not sure he got the first yellow for the kick as I don't think the ref even caught that. He really just handed out 2 yellows because there was a fight. Then inexplicably have a free kick the other way.

The free kick was for the foul on McGinn which happened before all the nonsense.

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Not sure if its been mentioned but a great interview with Mings on the high performance podcast. Really insightful, digs into his background, motivation and process ahead of games. It's a bit on the serious side so may not be everyone's cup of tea.

linkety link?

Worth noting that Mings has now played more games for Villa than any other previous clubs:

Villa                            - 61 games

Ipswich                     - 57 games

Bournemouth          - 17 games

Chippenham Town - 10 games

• Like 1

Would have thought you have to lose the shirt and Hause has played very well, what message doe's it give to Hause if after doing so well he is dropped at the first occasion. He deserves the right to start and only subbed if he is being roasted. 

We have to use the squad to our tactical advantage rather than 'keeping faith with those in form. We have to trust our squad players can do a job when needed.

If Hause plays today, with utd's style, he will struggle because he is much more comfortable in the air than with his feet.

Mings has better pace and better distribution so should play today

• Like 1

Â