Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I doubt the problem is with him. 

It will likely be the transfer fee that is causing problems. 

Bournemouth know they have something we want so currently hold all the cards. 

They do, and the fact that we are chucking £23m at a striker and potentially £20m at a GK isn't going to help, but I'm not complaining. We're in the PL and if we want good players we have to pay that sort of money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

I trust that the club and DS are doing all they can to get Mings to sign and we can't ask for more than that. 

Don't forget;

• Mings is on holidays in Barbados or somewhere so he ain't dealing with contracts, agents, clubs, etc. 
  • He was wearing his Villa kit for something like 24/36 hours after the final.
  • He seemed to really enjoy his time here - evident by his performances and the rapport he struck with the fans (going over at the end of games, singing from the Hilton hotel, giving shirts away, etc.)
  • We have at least a matching clause with Bournemouth and his time seems to be up at Bournemouth after the injuries, limited playing time, etc. would be best for both parties. 
  • No rumours of anyone else interested in him from what I understand.
  • Its only June 18th.

Chill - I believe it will happen 🤞

This point is the problematic one. 

If they paid any attention to him at all last season they might have noticed he went injury free and looked good enough for the Premier League. 

They might be having a rethink about how much to sell for or even if they want to sell at all. 

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

If they paid any attention to him at all last season they might have noticed he went injury free and looked good enough for the Premier League. 

They might be having a rethink about how much to sell for or even if they want to sell at all. 

They bought a guy from Bristol City who is left footed defender and Mepham in Januaru plus have Ake, Cook. 

Probably cant afford a 5th centre back

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Until another club bids for him I doubt there’ll be any progress. Until there’s a bid to match this deal will drag on...

My old Sunday League team Belcot Fc, perennial upholders of the bottom of division 7 bid a pound sir !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Yep it was a **** shite clause but they may have played complete hardball getting anything else and he was vital us staying up so it is what it is.

I’m sure we’ll pay the £15-20m and get him but looks like, judging from rumours which of course could be utter BS, we are looking at other targets to show them we wont be bent over a barrel.

8 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Until another club bids for him I doubt there’ll be any progress. Until there’s a bid to match this deal will drag on...

That bid will have to be accepted. If someone else bids 12m they'll still turn it down I'd imagine.

At least with Tyrone he wont require the settling in period new signings will need to have. 

He knows the staff, the system and has already developed a strong rapport with the fans, which other players will need to get up to speed on.

Clearly, want him in asap, but Villa playing hardball on this signing is less risky than brand new signings, in my opinion of course. 

11 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

I trust that the club and DS are doing all they can to get Mings to sign and we can't ask for more than that. 

Don't forget;

• Mings is on holidays in Barbados or somewhere so he ain't dealing with contracts, agents, clubs, etc. 
  • He seemed to really enjoy his time here - evident by his performances and the rapport he struck with the fans (going over at the end of games, singing from the Hilton hotel, giving shirts away, etc.)
  • We have at least a matching clause with Bournemouth and his time seems to be up at Bournemouth after the injuries, limited playing time, etc. would be best for both parties. 
  • Its only June 18th.

Also, they aren't going to announce anything until he's back. They still need to film an interview for AVFC Youtube channel and take pictures for other social media. It will happen, but after his well deserved holiday.

11 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Don't forget;

• Its only June 18th.

THIS, and when it (all fingers crossed) does he'll go on the back of my new shirt.

• Like 1

I just hope that Bournemouth aren't a spiteful bunch. Ming's seemed to put quite a few noses out of joint with his enthusiasm of being here/ wearing his kit the next day etc. and they could very well dig their heels in and be obstructive if they so choose

9 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Totally, it would probably have been better for us if another club had made an offer that we could beat, as it stands Bournemouth are holding all the cards. If they say £25m or he stays, then they can try and force the issue with the player. Bad for their squad having someone who doesn't want to be there but they can play hardball if they want.

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 17:29, Dave-R said:

Not a chance in my eyes, I would pay it if we had no choice, Mings and Hause made our defence into what it finally was last season, which was a heck of a tough wall to score past.

Mings is absoloute worth it, his defence was spot on most of the time with hardly any errors, great passing ability, wants to get out there and be apart of the attack, in fact his work rate was amazing.

And you would pass up on Mings all for 5 million, some might say that's crazy talk, especially how we've just signed a player for 22 million who we as Fans know pretty much nothing about and were all loving that signing.

If Mings can do the job like he did last season then he will absoloute be more than worth 20 million come season end.

If we end up paying anything like £20m for Mings we have been completely mugged off in my opinion. Obviously we want to keep hold of the players who got us promoted but not at any cost. Based on the usual transfer values that are quoted I'd say he's worth about £12m.

1) If we had paid £20m for Mings in January we would have all thought the club had lost the plot. Even if we had paid more than £5m it would have seemed strange. A players asking price shouldn't quadruple on the back of an excellent half season in the Championship.

2) Bournemouth clearly want to sell him. Even though he had an excellent half season for us he has not proven himself in the Premier League. I do not think Bournemouth would have any other clubs interested in buying him for £15 - 20m. If they want to get rid of him they need to lower their asking price.

3) There are other centre backs we could sign instead who also had excellent seasons last year. Yes Mings is a hero after what he did but it shouldn't blind us to the alternatives if his price isn't right. Our recruitment team found an underrated gem in Mings. I'm sure they could do the same again.

4) You've compared him to the Wesley transfer but I don't think that holds up. Wesley is a striker and strikers always sell for more. It seems there were other clubs with a concrete interest. Brugges were not in a position where they wanted to sell him. He is 22 whereas Mings is 26. I'm not saying Mings is old but Wesley still has more time to improve and his value to increase. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I just hope that Bournemouth aren't a spiteful bunch. Ming's seemed to put quite a few noses out of joint with his enthusiasm of being here/ wearing his kit the next day etc. and they could very well dig their heels in and be obstructive if they so choose

No I can't see that happening to be honest.  He seems to be surplus to requirements there and they've signed defenders recently too so they are just trying to get as much dollar in as possible.  They have there price and we have ours, I think it is likely we will meet somewhere in the middle.

On 17/06/2019 at 18:54, hippo said:

Yup - couldnt fault him last season. Doubt we would have got promoted without him.

Bournemouth can price him however they want. There is a price that villa will deal - if they want to snub £15m for a player who has never made the grade with them - thats Bournemouths decision and we have to respect that.

Hes not proven at prem level - and his injury record isnt great. 

I would like him to join - but there will be other options @ £15m ...I am trusting DS make the right call. 

That where I am at. There are plenty of great cbs out there. We shouldn't be held to ransom.

Pay whatever it takes to get him is my stance.

He was head and shoulders above almost every defender in the championship. 

I don't care how many foreign CBs we can sign for the same or less, he was the heart of the defence once he joined and we need that consistency from last season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

As some have said, Bournemouth have Ake, Cook, Mepham (signed in Jan for £13m) and now Lloyd Kelly (signed for £13m). I can't seem them keeping Mings as well, but if we beat them to Butland they may decide to be a bit petty.

If they rate Kelly and Mephan as better current options,  who are younger than mings,  and cost them 13m, then they would have to be crazy to think we'll pay 20m for Mings. Sure, his value is possibly hiked because of him fitting at our club,  but not by 7m, when sell on value will be no more (or less) than what we pay.  His injury record is not wiped out after 6 months without one. 

Thankfully,  I don't think Bournemouth are crazy,  and I don't think our owners are either,  so this deal will be done for 15m or less, or we'll find another option and Bournemouth will be left with a wage they don't want to pay. Would be a shame for Tyrone, but if that situation looks like happening he will have some power to force it through (forgoing his "loyalty payment" for example...).

All that is assuming there even is an issue between the clubs... all of the rumours are total click bait guesswork. 

I second the call to chill. We won't be mugged off, and Mings will be a villa player next season if it suits us. 

• Like 1

Â