Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Even without the goal he put in an excellent performance today and was back to the player we know he can be. He is the best ball carrier we have and he needs to do it more often as I think he has been a little safety first over the previous half a dozen or so games. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

After Brooks came on to a well deserved applause I was like great stuff but now let's get that 2nd - then Ramsey willed it into the net, which was also entirely deserved. Terrific stuff.

As pleased as I was with today's result, you can't get away from that moment where Brooks came on. Anyone who gets the upper - hand in the battle against that dreadful scourge, deserves a standing ovation. Beautiful, touching scene. Well done Villa fans. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

As pleased as I was with today's result, you can't get away from that moment where Brooks came on. Anyone who gets the upper - hand in the battle against that dreadful scourge, deserves a standing ovation. Beautiful, touching scene. Well done Villa fans. 

I'd be bitter as fook if he scored the winner though. 

Ramsey was brilliant today, my MOTM.

Just so good when you can get the ball to him with space to drive forward. Caused their full back all sorts of problems when running at them; the complete opposite to what Bailey was offering on the other side of the pitch.

Back to his best!

• Like 1

I was really concerned that he didnt suit Emery ball which is slow and controlled at times. But then i saw Moreno give him the ball on the halfway line, he dropped the shoulder and beat his man inside then released a gorgeous ball back to Moreno who was already on his toes. Emery did say he has alot to learn still but those kind of moves when he does them at pace are a joy to watch and make me realise he is plenty good enough to be a huge part in the future. If he cam play like that every game or most games then i would say Guendouzi isnt needed if its goijg to restrict his game time . 

For me the only aspects that have or could hold him back are things you could ascribe to young players in general such as consistency and long periods of games passing him by. You can see from his numbers that he struggles to get on the ball as much as he should for a player in his position, but when he does the quality is definitely there in terms of his ability to drive with it and pop up with goals and assists. I think playing in a more advanced position will suit his overall game, and he's not going to get a better chance to make things click fully than under this manager so I've a lot of faith in him. At absolute worst he can be a more than handy squad player for many seasons.

Â