Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Ramsey is much better than Chukwuemeka who never really showed much in his time at Villa. Not that it matters anyway though, because Carney was determined to go and ruin his career at Chelsea, so with no respect whatsoever, bollocks to him.

• Like 1

I think his brother is a better footballer and I think come the summer we might entertain bids for JJ.

For a non Emery team he’d be great but I struggle to see where he fits in an Emery system long term.

46 minutes ago, Risso said:

His running with the ball is very good, but his decision making and passing are not up to the same standard at the moment. A few times today he made completely the wrong decision when in a good position. He'll learn though, he's still young.

Didn’t watch the game today, but surely it’s this? He’s 21. He’ll make bad decisions and learn from them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Way too much expectation on this lad - yes he is half decent, but in reality he is no better than either Tim or even Carney for that matter.

He is one who very comfortably slips into the “ potential “ but that’s all I’m afraid 

I actually agree. I think he’s had one purple patch with us where he was genuinely very good. Other than that he’s been pretty average.

Plenty of time to improve though 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

What does this kid do? Gave the ball away 5 times before clock hit 15 minutes today.

Everyone tells me he’s quality! Still yet to understand why people rate him so highly…just cause he’s from Birmingham he gets a free pass.

He's shown he can do it, but he's been out of form for a worryingly long time for a player of his age, probably out of form longer than he's ever been in it. He desperately needs to push on before he becomes one of those "you remember that youth player that everyone raved about but now drives a taxi...?". Time is on his side, but there are serious question marks

Put one on a plate for Watkins to bury. Made some nice runs like always but the one thing that's going to hold him back is his passing in tight spaces. You can see how skittish he gets in close control situations. If he adds that he becomes a true all around midfielder. 

• Like 2

Thing is, I think JJ is having to learn a whole new way of playing football, which might be frustrating.

His best attributes are driving forward and shooting, but this system isn't designed for swashbuckling without strategy.

I mentioned previous that Jack had to go through a similar period at City.

I'm not saying he is going to succeed,but he deserves patience.

On current form though, yes, the likes of Guendozi would be transformative.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

He's 21. He's got loads of time to improve. If Emery doesn't see it he won't get the game time, but I hope he does because you ideally want at least one or two academy players in the team, firstly because it gives the young players more motivation and secondly because if we decide he isn't up to snuff we want to get a decent fee for him, given how good academy player sales are from an FFP perspective. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Put one on a plate for Watkins to bury. Made some nice runs like always but the one thing that's going to hold him back is his passing in tight spaces. You can see how skittish he gets in close control situations. If he adds that he becomes a true all around midfielder. 

He will need to learn to pass in tight spaces. Needs too many touches, needs to be facing forward, too many restrictions in his game right now. 

• Like 1

Really bad today. Not sure whats happensd under him but under gerrard he was one of the few who excelled under him. Under emery he has looked really bad in games 

I think his space is up for grabs when a new signing comes in of he doesn't  improve 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Really bad today. Not sure whats happensd under him but under gerrard he was one of the few who excelled under him. Under emery he has looked really bad in games 

I think his space is up for grabs when a new signing comes in of he doesn't  improve 

Yep one of the few that has gone backwards under Emery…just looks poor at the moment

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yep one of the few that has gone backwards under Emery…just looks poor at the moment

Doesnt seem suited to emery football which is a worry.  He is looking like the player when he was 1st breaking through and we all wondered why he was playing as showed very little.

Struggling

• Like 1

Ramsay I think ironically had randomness of “magic moments” under Gerrard ball but currently lacks the passing technique and vision to excel under Unai. You can see once he gets a forward run going, he can really carry the ball but unless it’s a low cross along the box, his passing isn’t doing us any favors breaking down teams and building out. 

Edited by DJBOB

Â